Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Little Color



When I read this challenge, I thought how in the world will I EVER manage that? After all, almost every card I do is pretty bold. The more I played with the idea the more it came together for me. It actually took a great deal of stress out of the creative process. Let me explain. Most of my friends and family would describe me as a perfectionist... a true Type A personality. When I design a card, I have been known to agonize for days over pattern selection, colors and images. It's not that any of the ideas are hideous. It just seems I take so much time trying to make the "perfect" card. If I wanted to send that, I would go to Hallmark, right? (Insert BIG goofy grin here...) It's the little quirky imperfections that make handmade cards unique! I know I certainly appreciate receiving one. So the next time you try to make a card, take some of the stress off and just go white... or cream... or gray... You may never make cards the same way again! Here's wishing you a wonderful day!



Card Recipe

5 X 5 card base
Cardstock - Georgia Pacific 5 X 10, scored at 5 inches, Bazzill 4 3/4 X 4 3/4 inches
Cardstock - Image - Bazzill Simply Smooth
Spellbinders - Nestabilities - Fancy Tags - 2 slit in half and adhered to back of image with turquoise cardstock
Image - SCACD - Elisabeth Bell - Heartstrings
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Ink
Markers - Copic
Punch - Martha Stewart - Eyelet Punch Around the Page
Punch - Martha Stewart - Alpine Snowflake LE
Embellishments - Color Me Crazy Hydrangea Petals
Smooch Spritz - Vanilla Shimmer
Pearls - unknown

Copic Colors

Hair - E33, Y08, Y11, Y21
Skin - E00, YR00
Blush - R20
Dress and Shoes - C0, C1, C2, C5
Greenery - YG17
Birdhouse - B000, B00, B02, B04, BG10



I spritzed the hydrangea blossoms and snowflake punches (4) with the Vanilla Shimmer Smooch. After they dried, I double up the blossoms and adhered them with Score Tape. I had to cut the snowflake punches in half to make them more like foliage. I adhered them with pop dots to make them stand out. Place some beautiful pearls in the middle and VOILA!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Absolutely stunning Lori! This is so beautiful! I love everything about this!!! Gorgeous work hun! And I know exactly what you mean about agonizing over the details of a card...I get that perfectionist gene from my Mom....we do the same thing as you when we craft! hee hee! Thanks for joining us at the SCACD challenge!
Hugs~ Kim

Lori said...

So incredibly beautiful, Lori! Very elegant with the swirls of the fancy tag and gorgeous flowers! I LOVE the MS punch - I'm gonna have to find that one lol! Thanks for playing along with us at SCACD Challenge!
Love and hugs ~ Lori

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...