Sunday, October 2, 2011

Flowers Fade...

Don't you just love fall? There's a crisp feeling in the air and the leaves are changing. And this process reminds me of the beautiful order in our world. The lush green leaves of summer must give way to a vibrant parade of colors before fading away. This process leads to winter. A time when the earth slumbers, renews and prepares for the emergence of spring! And we all know just how beautiful spring can be! Kinda makes me OK with snow... lol...

Seriously, when I put this card together I pulled out one of my favorite scriptures, Isaiah 40:8. Our very presence on this earth is just for a season. And even though like the leaves, our time on earth is limited, there are certain things that will always remain. Like the values, lessons and memories we pass on to our family and friends. The things we share with others does have an impact. And what better legacy could we leave than a love of and appreciation for the word of God? Blessings...



I am submitting to The Play Date Cafe - TPDC101 - Color Challenge

Recipe

Paper - Bazzill, K & Co. - Tim Coffey Halloween & Fall; Stamps - ODBD - Scripture Series 1; Ink - Versafine Onyx Black; Spellbinders - Labels Eighteen, Classic Rectangles Large; Zva - Jet Bead Flourish; Jute

Do you want to know a secret? I literally left a part of me in this card! In the process of "distressing" I unwittingly stuck my thumb on the ink pad and left my fingerprint on the card! I liked the idea so much I continued to leave my "print" in several places on the DP. Sometimes ya just gotta go with things! :-)

Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

Chris - Creations in Bloom said...

Amen! Totally agree that's a glorious legacy to leave behind. - I love that you left a part of you in your beautiful card. Pretty colors and love the layers. TFS.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh I agree! Giving thanks to God for his grace and blessings EVERYDAY is #1 on my list. Your card is beautiful Lori, soft and lovely!

Andrea Ewen said...

Simply beautiful, Lori. I love your choice of papers and the scripture. A fabulous take on our challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Tam said...

I love the pearls you use so much. You must go through a ton!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOWOWOW! I love the verse you shared and that beautiful paper--I love those swirled gems....love your entire creation! Great job on our color story:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

Sarah T. Arra said...

Love this one so much. Like LOVE!!!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...