Monday, October 3, 2011

Felt Gardenia

I love making my own embellishments! When I started scrappin' several years back you had to buy everything! And that got REALLY expensive! A few months ago I tried my hand at making flower embellies with tissue paper and spellbinders. I wasn't happy with the look. Last night, I decided to try cutting a square of felt with my Spellbinder Blossoms Three. I folded each section in quarters and then stitched them together with a blanket stitch. I adhered the 4 quarters on a paper punched circle. I then cut 4 more smaller blossoms and carefully stitched them on top. For the final touch, I popped on a large adhesive pearl I picked up at Michaels. It kinda looks like a gardenia! And it is so scrunchy! I think it will fit in a fat envelope nicely!

And here it is...



Thanks so much for reading and maybe I can get some time to film a tutorial if you like it! Blessings...

Card Recipe

Paper - Colorbok, My Mind's Eye - Rosy Paper Pad; Stamps - ODBD - The Living Bread; Ink - Versafine Onyx Black; Paper Punch - EK Success; Paper Edger - Fiskars; Pearls - Recollections; Scor-Pal (scored base of card in 1/4 inch increments); Spellbinders Blossom Three

3 comments:

Newbie said...

YOUR FLOWER IS OUTSTANDING!!! I don't sew, but it would be interesting to see how you put it together! GORGEOUS card!

Debbie Carriere said...

Wow!! So pretty!! Love the scoring and the row of pearls, not to mention that luscious flower!!

Tam said...

great flower!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...