Thursday, April 7, 2011

Love You

This is so very true! I love all of you! I have met so many wonderful people since I started this blog 2 plus years ago. I treasure each and every friendship and every kind word of encouragement. There are days that are difficult I must admit. But I know that when I am down my heavenly Father will lift me up. And more often than not he uses some pretty special "angels" to do his work. Thank you for all you do for me dear readers. It is greatly appreciated!

Now on to today's card. I LOVE to make frilly cards! No kidding you say??? lol... But every once in a while it is nice to just do something simple. A wonderful stamping buddy of mine holds card classes. And with each class you receive a set of stamps plus the supplies to make 4 cards. I love that! It frees me up from the stress of figuring out how to make ink and paper look pretty... lol...

In February, her theme was Valentine's Day. Well, I had something come up and could not attend. Yesterday I decided to pull out my stamp set, some scraps and get to work. As you can see it is very plain Jane... but it is the perfect way to use up all those leftovers we always have! The embellie is a simple 1 1/2 inch circle of cardstock with scor-tape on the back. I then used a nice satin ribbon and gently gathered it on the tape. I love the "medallion" look! I then stamped a sentiment from the set and adhered it to the front! Instant embellishment... LOVE IT! Blessings to you this day and join me bright and early Saturday morning for the next Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light Challenge. It promises to be fun!



Card Recipe

Paper - Bazzill, K & Company
Stamps - Close to My Heart - Affection
Ink - Close to My Heart - Hollyhock, Garden Green, Sunflower
Embellies - Pebbles by SMH - Egg Hunt; Fiber - Stampin' Up
Corner Rounder

1 comment:

Cindy@ Scrap-obsessed.blogspot.com said...

Very pretty. Love the colors you used.

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...