Tuesday, October 12, 2010

It's all about the leaves...



I have to confess... as a child I LOVED to jump into piles of freshly raked leaves! I'm not sure that my Mom knew I was doing this. I feel pretty sure the dog got blamed a lot for my mischief! :-) There is nothing quite like just diving into those leaves and scattering them everywhere.

I spotted this idea over at the Scrap Bitz blog. Suzanne used a paper bag to punch leaves out as an embellishment. I took it a little further and actually incorporated a paper bag not only into the embellishments but the design itself.

This stamp from Magnolia captures the innocence of childhood so well. Who says you have to give up jumping into a pile of leaves just because you're over twenty? I may have to test this theory... LOL... Have a wonderful day!

Lori



Card Recipe
Finished Design
5 X 7 inches

Card Stock - Bazzill
Card Stock - Image - Gina K.
Designer Paper - Reminisce - Autumn Forest - Jumpin in the Leaves
Stamp - Magnolia - Tilda in Autumn Leaves
Stamp - Sentiment - Hero Arts
Ink - Image - Memento - Tuxedo Black
Ink - Coloring - Copic
Ink - Sentiment - Memento - Rich Cocoa
Ink - Paper Bag - Ranger - Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Walnut Stain
Paper Bag (background and punched leaves)
Ribbon - Offray
Punch - EK Success - Oak Leaf
Ranger Diamond Stickles

No comments:

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...