Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Harvest



Have you ever had a color combo you struggle with? I love the look of black and orange together and particularly at this time of year but I just can't seem to get it right! Either I have too much black or too much orange and my card just looks downright scary! In the right context, that might not be a bad thing, right? LOL... So when I got out this Gina K. Designs stamp set, I decided to pull out some decidedly Halloween toned paper and take it more toward a harvest theme... Not sure if it worked out but I like it! And I hope you do too! Hope your week is starting off well! Make it a great one!

Lori

Card Recipe

Finished Design 5 X 7

Card Stock - Bazzill
Card Stock - Image - Gina K. Pure Luxury
Designer Paper - Heidi Grace - Halloween Flowers with Glitter
Stamp - Image and Sentiment - Gina K. Designs Showtime Stamp Kit - Autumn Splendor
Dies - Nestabilities - Standard Circles Large, Eyelet Circles
Ink - Image & Sentiment - Memento - Tuxedo Black
Ink - Coloring - Copic
Ink - Background - Memento - Desert Sand
Ribbon - Unknown
Punch - Martha Stewart



Copic Coloring

Pumpkin

First Layer - Y15
Second Layer - Shading from top to bottom and bottom to top - YR02
Third Layer - Shading from top to bottom and bottom to top (smaller amount) YR07
Fourth Step - Blend above layers with chisel on Y15 Marker
Fifth Step - Blend above as needed with chisel on YR02
Final Layer - E25 - Lightly shadow on dark spots
Blend with chisel tip YR07

Color stems with YG23 and YG25
Shadowing C1 and C2

1 comment:

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...