Sunday, October 10, 2010

Summer remembered



We are barely into the month of October and I find myself missing summer already! Bet this winter will be long! LOL... Ironically, the weather here as been unseasonably warm. Yesterday the thermometer in my car read 85 degrees! Pretty warm for the 9th of October... I guess we are enjoying what some folks call "Indian summer"...

I took advantage of the nice weather to work in my flower beds. This year was the first year my hydrangea actually bloomed. It was such a treat to see all the fun colors. Mine actually had blue, pink and purple all on it at one time. I guess the soil wasn't perfectly alkaline or acidic... more like Switzerland, unsure what to be??? LOL

Well my hydrangeas are long since past their prime. They have dried into a nice shade of pale purple. So in honor of their past glory I created a card to celebrate their prime! Blessings and enjoy!

Lori

Card Recipe

Design 5 X 7

Card Stock - Bazzill
Card Stock - Image - Gina K.
Designer Paper - Unknown
Stamp - Image - Hero Arts Hydrangea
Stamp - Sentiment - Gina K. Designs
Ink - Image - Memento - Tuxedo Black
Ink - Image - coloring - Copic
Ink - Sentiment - Memento - Grape Jelly
Ink - Background - Memento - Summer Sky
Punch - Martha Stewart - Eyelet
Ribbon - Offray - Satin 5/8 Purple
Punch - Ionic - Ticket Punch



Copic

YG17, YG67, Y04
V12, V15, V17

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...