Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wild Thing...



Have you ever been challenged? A friend of mine has "strongly suggested" I put in a card for a fun website she designs for. The challenge is to incorporate 3 colors, ribbon and two buttons. I REALLY have issues with buttons. I just can't seem to put them on anything I do and have it turn out right. So this time I took a gamble with her urging to do a little button therapy. I'm still not sure how I like it but hopefully Diane will like it!

Check the site out here!

When I was putting this card together, I decided I needed to trim one side of the red cardstock under my image. Well, guess what happened? My blade decided at that precise moment to become incredibly dull and just snag the paper. I took it out and decided it actually worked with my "wild theme." I love happy accidents! The stamp set actually has the hippo and elephant as two separate creatures but I loved how the elephant looked like it was "kissing" something. So I stamped the hippo twice, cut one out as a mask and then stamped over the image with the elephant. This way they look close enough to pucker up! Easy as pie... Yum! Chocolate or lemon? Whoo hoo!

Well here's hoping you are mixing it up and doing some challenges too! Blessings!

Lori



Card Recipe

Finished Design

5 X 7 Inches

Card Stock - Bazzill, Georgia Pacific
Card Stock - Image - Gina K. Pure Luxury
Designer Paper - Reminisce - Zebra Print
Image & Sentiment - Close to My Heart - You're Great (Love this set Emily!)
Ink - Image - Memento - Tuxedo Black
Ink - Sky - Memento - Summer Sky (sponged on)
Copics
Buttons - unknown
Ribbon - Gina K. Designs
Thread - DMC 310



Copic Combo

Elephant & Hippo - C0, C1, C2, C5, C7
Grass - YG07, YG17

2 comments:

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Oh what a cute card! Love this image! Great layout and colors too! The sentiment is just perfect! Thanks for playing at Paper Cutz this week!
Melissa

Diane said...

I love it! Thanks for playing along with our challenge over at Paper Cutz and so sorry I pressured you into this, but I knew you could rise to the challenge LOL

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...