Monday, June 6, 2016

Sketch Saturday #415 ~ You are Awesome ~

Welcome!  I find myself thinking more and more about a real vacation.  It has been a couple of years since hubs and I made a trek to the beach.  And I think this could be the year...  Not sure if it will be the Upper Peninsula, the Atlantic or the Gulf Coast just yet...  I definitely need the feel of sand between my toes.  Until then this card, inspired by the weekly Sketch Saturday Challenge will have to do!


I started with a white card stock base measuring 5.5 x 8.5 inches, scored and folded at 4.25 inches.  I added a layer of turquoise card stock (die cut with ODBD's Pierced Rectangles Die.  I die cut two more panels of sand colored card stock and tore them into three layers to overlap and create my sand.  I used ODBD's Fence Die cut from Kraft paper to create my fence.  I cut the individual planks and added a bit of hemp twine to create my beach fence.  ODBD's Grass Border Die cut into individual grass blades added a fun touch.  I used ODBD's Leafy Edged Borders Die and more turquoise card stock for my sea and a bit of leftover scraps for the shoes (ODBD's Flip Flops Die) and umbrella (Umbrellas Die.)  I used the new June release, You Bless Me So to die cut part of the sentiment and stamp the rest.  

Here are the items you see today.








and the sketch I used...  flipped sideways...


and the LINK if you too would like to play along...

Thanks for stopping by!

Have a wonderful Monday!

1 comment:

Kathy S said...

Beautiful! This is an amazing scene. So well designed and the die cuts are amazing. I love the ODBD products and combined with the Sketch Saturday Sketch it's a marriage made in heaven.

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...