Monday, June 11, 2012

WT378 ~ The Sea ~

Welcome! So glad you could stop by today. My dear friend and Our Daily Bread Design Team member, Sabrina sent me a lovely package recently. Inside she carefully packed seam binding, blossoms, charms and chipboard. One of the treasures she sent was a metal pocket watch embellie from Michaels. That gift triggered this card...



My base is kraft card stock with a layer of caribbean blue paper. I selected designer paper by K & Company. I distressed the edges with a distressing tool and added distress ink to all sides. I then crinkled it up, flattened it back out and glued it to the base. This weeks SCS Ways to Use It Challenge involves banners. So I stamped my sentiment (ODBD's The Sea set) on kraft paper and cut a banner. I couldn't resist adding some hemp twine and a bit of Flower Soft Ultrafine Sand in the corner of the watch for interest. Almost looks like it washed up on shore! Thanks for stopping in and until next time!

Card Recipe

Stamps - Our Daily Bread Designs - The Sea
Paper: Kraft - Paper Studio, Bazzill, K & Co. Tim Coffey Travel
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Distress Ink - Antique Line & Frayed Burlap
Accessories: Hemp Twine, Watch Charm - Michaels, Flower Soft - Sand


Challenge

Splitcoast Stampers - Ways To Use It - Return of the Banner - WT378

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

this is just gorgeous! love the watch sabrina gave you...

Tam said...

This is a great card! Love it.

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...