Thursday, November 4, 2010

Friendship Jar - Holiday Edition



Sounds like we may get a snowflake or two tonight in the Ohio Valley. It will be mixed with rain but I guess this will mark the unofficial start of winter. So with that in mind, I decided to pull out a holiday theme. The image I used today is from Papertrey Ink. The main design is known as a Friendship Jar. With each holiday/season you can purchase images to stamp inside the jar. A while back I posted an image with candy corns and then another with leaves and acorns inside the jar. This set has peppermints, sugar cookies, snowflakes and even stamps that can convert the jar to a mug brimming with hot chocolate. Cool, huh? Well, maybe hot... tee hee...

To complete this image I had to pull out some tartan (this designer paper is from SEI) plus a myriad of card stock. I stamped the lid image on the tartan and after cutting it out paper pieced it onto the image. The third layer of card stock is actually a metallic paper (silver to be exact). The silver, red and black combo really stand out. I can't wait to give this card away!

Hope you are having a wonderful week. Please watch my blog over the coming week or so as I have some fun things going on! I can't wait to see you! Blessings!

Lori

Card Recipe

6 X 6 Inch

Card Stock - Black - Georgia Pacific, Red - Gina K. Designs, Silver - unknown
Card Stock - Image - Gina K. Pure Luxury
Designer Paper - SEI - Alpine Frost - Winter Guest
Image - Papertrey Ink - Friendship Jar
Sentiment & Filler - Papertrey Ink - Friendship Jar Holiday Fillers
Ink - Image and Sentiment - Memento - Tuxedo Black
Ink - Coloring - Copic (colors listed below)
Ink - Edging of Image - Stampin Up - Going Gray
Die Cuts - Nestabilities - Labels Eleven, Fleur De Lis Pendants
Glitter Glue - Stickles - Diamond - applied to colored tie on jar lid
Ribbon - Black Satin - Unknown
Bow-Easy Tool - to create this fabulous bow



Copic Colors

Reds - R29, R46 - candy and ribbon on jar lid
W3 - Tone down red and highlight white areas on the candy
C0 - to shadow and highlight the jar

2 comments:

Snowmanlover said...

Lori, your work is so amazing!!!

Snowmanlover said...

HI Lori, I am sending you a blog award, just stop by my blog to get it!!! barb

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...