Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Scoop...



Can I just say this has been a bizarre weekend for me? It started out yesterday when I decided to feed our horse Ally some horse treats. Simple right? Oh, no.... I decided to go out to the fenceline as I often do in sandals. Well, while Ally was busy chowing down on snacks one of the sheep decided my little toe looked like the perfect bite size morsel! OK, who knew that sheep have such sharp teeth? That crazy ram reached through the fence and took a HUNK out of my toe! I really don't like the taste of mutton but boy that guy may wind up in my freezer yet... LOL... Maybe it was the lovely shade of nail polish...

Hubby and I rushed to Lexington yesterday afternoon to deliver a couple of puppies to their new home and what did we forget? The papers! Both of us were flustered after the sheep incident. John had to patch me up after the dastardly deed. But thankfully everyone was fine with us mailing their stuff. But it could have easily been a tougher situation.

And then today, I helped out after church services with one of our youth activities and before I even got in the door I twisted my knee! Yikes! I'm down but not out so to speak. I think I am falling apart, literally!

In today's card I used an image of a large dog colored to look like a Saint. I couldn't resist using the sentiment from Hero Arts as it seemed to fit this image to a tee! Thanks so much for reading and posting feedback. And make sure you don't take bare toes near hungry sheep! :-)

Lori



Card Recipe

Finished design 5 X 7 inches

Card stock - Bazzill
Card stock - image - Gina K. Pure Luxury
Designer Paper - Basic Grey - Max & Whiskers - toby/max
Stamp - Image - Eat Cake Graphics
Stamp - Sentiment - Hero Arts
Ink - Image and Sentiment - Memento Tuxedo Black
Ink - sponged on background - Memento Desert Sand
Ink - Coloring - Copics
Pearls - Kaisercraft
Ribbon - Offray (created with my Bow Easy)
Stickles - Ranger - Diamond
Punch - EK Success
Adhesive - Scotch Brand Dimensional Foam

1 comment:

Snowmanlover said...

Love your card! Sorry about your toe. Love your blog!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...