Well, step-son left yesterday for school. Dad handled it beautifully but step-mom fell apart... I kept blubbering... and asking hubby why I was taking this so hard... He had some very wise words to share... "it takes a special kind of woman to love another woman's biological child. You my dear have loved him as if he were your very own..." So after I sobbed some more... (Kleenex made a killing off of me yesterday...) I pulled myself together long enough to work on this card. I had some leftover pieces of paper and the sentiment... it says it all. Here's to new beginnings and new blessings! Have a wonderful week!
5 X 5 1/2
Card Stock - Georgia Pacific - white, Bazzill - Rust (frame)
Designer Paper - Kaisercraft and Karen Foster
Ink - Sentiment - Memento - Rich Cocoa
Stamp - Sentiment - Our Daily Bread Designs - Peace on Earth
Stamp - Image - Papertrey Ink - Through the Trees
Ink - Image - Trunk - Memento Rich Cocoa, Leaves - Memento Potter's Clay, Rhubarb Stalk, Tangelo - Bird - Memento - Tuxedo Black
Die Cuts - Nestabilities - Labels One
1. Cut card base 11 X 5 1/2
2. Score at 5 1/2 point
3. Cut pattern paper and cover front of card.
4. Use second largest of Labels One set, center and cut window out on one of the
5 1/2 sides
5. Use second largest and largest of this die set simultaneously to cut a frame
out of the cardstock (this example, rust), adhere to front of "window"
6. Stamp out image, cut and adhere
7. Cut out 4 by 5 piece of card stock, score at 1, 2 and 4 inch points
8. Fold mountain style and adhere to insides of card (gable should point up)
9. Cover inside of card with paper that will show through window (in this
example, falling leaves
This technique is covered in detail on splitcoaststampers site. Just search for standing tent card and you will find it!
Adhesives - Dimensional - Scotch Brand Foam Tape, Tape Runner - Herma Dotto,