Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Hybrid Card



It's not often that I whip out my Cricut to do cards anymore. Not that I don't love my Cricut but it seems I have taken on a new obsession with stamping. Every card I do anymore centers around some sort of stamping technique and particularly Copics. So for this post I decided to force myself to do some sort of hybrid card, blending my new love stamping with my old love, the Cricut. I wanted something with a fall theme since I had just recently purchased this Willow image from Whiff of Joy. I couldn't wait to color it and put it on a card. The die cuts are from the Straight from the Nest cartridge and seemed to work really well. I think you can have two loves, right? My Cricut and my stamps... Until next time have a wonderful day!



Card Recipe 5 X 7 inches

Cardstock - Bazzill, Image - Simply Smooth by Bazzill
Pattern Paper - Karen Foster - Amber Leaves
Spellbinders Nestabilities - Petite Scalloped Ovals Large
Ink - Memento - Tuxedo Black - Image, Memento - Desert Sand - Sponged on image
Ink - Distressing edges of pattern paper - Close to My Heart - Autumn Terracotta
Punch - Martha Stewart
Ribbon - Gina K. Designs
Die Cuts - Leaves and Fall - Provocraft Cricut Cartridge - Straight from the Nest
Markers - Copic
Image - Whiff of Joy - Elisabeth Bell - Fall Willow Catching Leaves
Gelly Roll Pen - (swirls around leaves) Sakura Clear Star



Copics

Hair - Y21, YR12, YR23, E37
Dress - E33, E37, E35, E39, E50
Apron - E00, YR00, E13
Leaves - YR02, YR00
Skin - E00, E13, R20
Shadow - C0

1 comment:

Tam said...

very nice! Fall... the most wonderful time of the year!!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...