Monday, June 5, 2017

~ Mr. & Mrs. ~

Good morning and welcome!  I hope your Monday was kind to you!  Our family just finished up a week of vacation.  We did very little other than doctor appointments and honey do tasks.  We did take a couple of day trips!  We spent an entire day traveling US 68 in Kentucky for the 400 Mile Yard Sale.  I am normally NOT a rummage/yard sale participant.  However, over the last few years, I have had tremendous luck finding antique (collectible) treasures.  We traveled nearly 200 miles in one day, with hubs being the spotter (he has an uncanny knack for finding the perfect sale with what I am looking for.  He is TOTALLY going every year from now on...  lol)  We encountered an AMAZING oak tree in Harrodsburg, Kentucky.  The homeowner told John it was over 20 feet around in circumference!  With Fort Harrod (the oldest continuous settlement in Kentucky) only a quarter mile away...  I'm convinced the early settlers saw that same oak!!!  We had so much fun we decided to drive about 2 hours north to browse the Historic National Road Yard Sale on US 40, also this weekend.  We started near Springfield, Ohio and cruised into Dublin, Indiana before returning home.  Sadly, that trip was not nearly as productive.  I made it home with one Blue Atlas jar.  But honestly, the traffic in that area was CRAZY and sadly the pickings were not what I look for!  Oh, well!  But we sure had fun!  I think we spent more on food and gas than we did treasures!  But my husband proudly told me that he was no longer afraid of yard sales.  I had to inquire about that....  His response?  He didn't know that you could just strictly limit yourself to buying a few things...  lol...  He said in years past, he always came home with stuff he would just throw away...  because he felt like he had to buy something!  😔😀 So now I have created a monster!  Granted, one that won't buy anything... hee hee 

Today, I have another card to share with a wedding theme...  For this project I used Our Daily Bread Designs' Happy Wedding Day, Wedding Wishes Paper Pad, Scalloped Chain Die and Mr. & Mrs. Die.


 I started with a soft silver Designer Paper layer, added a silver print DP (cut slightly smaller) and a deep silver DP cut with the new Scalloped Chain Die.  (All papers are in the NEW Wedding Wishes Paper Pad.) I stamped the sentiment (Happy Wedding Day) with a soft gray ink and die cut my panel with the Double Stitched Pennant Flags Die.

For the center panel, I used the Mr. & Mrs. Die and Wedding Wishes Paper Pad nested on a matted panel created with the Ovals Die and Pierced Ovals Die.  A couple of die cut white hearts (Layering Hearts) adorn the bottom.  Here are the new items from this month you see...





Thanks for stopping by!  Until next time,

Blessings!
 

1 comment:

Georgiana said...

Elegant for a special occasion!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...