Thursday, September 10, 2015

ODBD ~ Rainbow Bridge ~

 Good morning!  Thank you for stopping by!  I have a simple card to share today featuring Our Daily Bread Designs' Never Forgotten stamp set.  I lost a very special St. Bernard, Ike about 2 years ago.  And as many of you know, the loss of a pet can be quite traumatic.  He was a big part of our family and his death was unexpected.  Many of my friends sent me expressions of sympathy during that time.  And I treasure each and every one!  So, I was so excited to see this release from ODBD and this set in particular.  The sentiments are perfect for those times when a friend loses a beloved pet.  

Here's my card featuring a sentiment from the Never Forgotten set...


I started with a rich pumpkin card stock base and used ODBD's Sunburst Background Die to die cut and ink up my focal panel.  I used white card stock for this part.  And after die cutting, I added a soft sponged layer of Memento's Cantaloupe ink, Tangelo, Potter's Clay and Rich Cocoa.  I took the darker shades out further for an interesting ombre effect.  I used the tiny sun die from the set and die cut a sunburst from some gold poster board.  I added it to the center with dimensional foam.  I stamped the sentiment on white CS (Rich Cocoa) and used ODBD's Pennants Die set to frame it.  I glued it directly to my focal panel.  A very easy project but I love that you could change the look simply by the inks you choose.  I wanted something with a fall feel..  so you see richer colors!  So fun and super easy to make your very own!  

So here are the items you see here today...





and my special boy, Ike...  I sure miss the big guy...

 


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Come back tomorrow to see a project I have from North Coast Creations.  And Monday, Our Daily Bread Designs'  has a special surprise for you!  ;-)  So stop back here to get all the deets!

AND if you notice a change in my blog...  I have been experimenting a bit...  someone who shall remain nameless (KELLEY) recently asked what had happened to my blog...  if I had paid the electric bill???  FUNNY KELLEY!!!

Considering I work for a utility that might be bad!!!  ;-)

Hugs and blessings...

No comments:

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...