Tuesday, July 7, 2015

NCC ~ I Miss You ~


Happy Tuesday!  I hope this post finds you rested after the July 4th holiday!  Or maybe it finds you beginning a well deserved vacation!  I will return to my job tomorrow after a 10 day vacation.  I wonder how many days it will take to get my mind back in the zone??  This year hubs and I elected to stay home.  I had a big test to prepare and take and a few health challenges kept us from traveling too far.  I did take one day to travel and visit a few of the covered bridges of Kentucky!  And I managed to take one day to visit my favorite Christian bookstore and stock up on some new books!  Now I just need the time to read them!  :-)  

PLUS I did get some time to craft.  For today's post I tried a new technique.  I created the background panel with a sheet of white card stock and black acrylic paint.  After the paint dried, I added my floral image North Coast Creations' (Floral Sentiments 8) with clear embossing powder and Versamark.  I heated them and after curing, added a bit of gold ink, bronze stain and a smidge of dark red distress ink.  I tried to add each as a layer and use a paper towel to lightly remove a bit of each layer before proceeding.  The final panel resembles a distressed leather...  kinda cool...  I embossed the floral image and sentiment on black card stock and used some Our Daily Bread Designs dies to cut and emboss each.  The base is black card stock measuring 5.5 x 4.25 inches with a layer of copper card stock beneath the faux leather/stamped panel.  I added a bit of black frayed hemp cord with a cork button after positioning my image and sentiment in the center.  The photo doesn't do this one justice.  It is so much better IRL!


So here are the items I used on today's project including the recent Floral Sentiments 8 release from North Coast Creations.


And a few items from our sister company Our Daily Bread Designs...


VINTAGE LABEL DIES - CSBD55 


VINTAGE FLOURISH PATTERN DIES - CSBD56


PENNANT DIES - CSBD60

Thanks as always for stopping by!  Come back later this week as I share a fun "double window" card featuring the new Welcoming Windows Die from Our Daily Bread Designs!  

Blessings...

No comments:

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...