Sunday, May 10, 2015

~ Your Song ~

Good afternoon!  I hope you are enjoying a wonderful Mother's Day!  My Mom and I spent some quality time together this weekend, visiting, shopping and dining out...  just the two of us.  I must admit, I do not spend nearly the time I should with my Mother.  And there are no excuses.  After all, my Mom never made excuses when it came to taking care of me.  She wasn't too busy to fix my meals, sew my doll dresses and patch up my boo boos.  To this day, when I get sick, I want my Mom.  And sadly, I know that one day I won't have her.  So that makes the time we have even more precious! 

Sometimes, we just have to make time for the people and things that really matter.  Today's project reflects that sentiment.  This new set from Our Daily Bread Designs' includes a wonderful Chinese Proverb that sums it up nicely!


Sometimes we are just simply to busy to really enjoy life!  We need to sing our song each and every day!  For me, that means spending more time with those that matter...  especially my precious Mother!  

So here's a close up of today's project...


I started with a white card stock base (5.5 x 4.25 inches) and added a salmon pink mat.  I made my base with white card stock and paper punched hexagons from Our Daily Bread Designs' Shabby Rose Paper Collection.  I the fit them all together leaving a bit of white card stock peeking out until I created a pattern I liked.  I then cut the panel down slightly smaller than my salmon CS layer and adhered it.  I used a couple of older dies to create my sentiment panel and base including Vintage Labels Die and Vintage Flourished Pattern Die.  I stamped my sentiment (Memento Toffee Crunch ink) on my main panel.  This darling stamp can be found in this month's Spread Your Wings set along with the dove image shown here.  I stamped my bee image (Butterfly and Bugs) on Copic paper and colored it.  I finished it up with the coordinating Butterfly and Bugs Die.  The dove (Spread Your Wings) also has a coordinating die set, Birds and Nests Die.  The white blossoms can also be found in the Birds and Nests Die set.  

So here are the new items you see today...





and some old favorites...

SHABBY ROSE COLLECTION 6x6 PAPER PAD

FANCY FOLIAGE DIES - CSBD33

VINTAGE LABEL DIES - CSBD55

VINTAGE FLOURISH PATTERN DIES - CSBD56

Thanks for stopping in today!  Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...