Friday, February 20, 2015

A Look Back at Our Daily Bread Designs' February Release

Today we are taking a look back at Our Daily Bread Designs' February Release.  This time I decided to use not only a new die, Hello but the new Wildflower Silhouette Background stamp along with the new Wildflower Silhouette  single.
  
Here is the card/project I created with them. 


I started with a navy card stock base (5.5 x 4.25 inches) and added a white CS mat.  I used the background image to stamp my image on the base layer (with Versamark) and added clear embossing powder.  After heating and cleaning the image up, I gently sponged three shades of blue ink over the image.  I started with Memento's Summer Sky, added a bit of Memento's Nautical Blue around the top and finished with Memento's Paris Dusk.  I used the last ink sparingly, just around the top edges.  Then I sponged Olive Grove ink (also from Memento) on the bottom edge.  After achieving the desired look, I gently wiped off the embossed image with a paper towel to remove any excess ink.  I cropped it to be slightly smaller than my white CS mat.  

I chose to use the same matting scheme for my top layer along with the embossing technique.  But this time I chose the single image to emboss.  After inking it to my desired color depth, I trimmed it to fit, added the double mat and placed some dimensional foam under it.  I like to make my images "pop" off the base when possible!  I go through tons of dimensional foam...  :-)
Finally, I pulled out some white and navy card stock (leftovers) and die cut my sentiment.  I layered them slightly off center to add some shadowing.  A bit of wet glue and it was good to go!

So here are the items you see today...

 H611 - WILDFLOWER SILHOUETTE BACKGROUND 

H612 - WILDFLOWER SILHOUETTE SINGLE

CSBD82 - HELLO DIE

For more inspiration using the February Release 
be sure to visit the ODBD Blog .
And don't forget to visit all of my sister "Sticks" to see what they have cooked up for you!  

Thanks for stopping by!
Cathy * Lori * Sandee 
 Dawn * Julie * Wanda

3 comments:

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Hello Lori in the land of all the snow!!! Hope you are staying warm! I LOVE your card!!! I like how you did the die cut word!

Dawn said...

I love this blue beauty!! the die cut word really pops!

Cathymac said...

Oh, Lori, love this monochromatic color scheme with the blue ombre effect. The two different stamps layer beautifully as well as the hello with the shadow! Fabulous design, my friend! Hugs!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...