Saturday, July 5, 2014

~ Proud to Be an American ~

Good morning and thanks so much for stopping by!  Today, I have a simple card to share with three of my favorite colors...  red, white and blue!  You may think I am a bit late showing this card on July 5th.  However, I beg to differ!  If you saw my home, you would know how much I love to decorate with those three colors.  From bedding to outdoor bunting, you will see these colors in my home year round.  I share this love of country with many people.  I find in my travels that Americans are very proud of their country.  In my opinion, it is a shame that we feel we must limit displays of that love to one or two times a year!  I say shout it from the rooftops ALL YEAR long!  So with that in mind, here is a fun card using a few of Our Daily Bread Designs latest releases.


 
 
 


and an oldie but a goodie...
 
G534 - HEART & SOUL
 
and coordinating die
 
CSBD53 - ORNATE HEARTS DIES
 
I used navy card stock for my base and added a white card stock mat.  The final embossed layer (red card stock) showcases my stamped heart.  I inked the top with dark blue ink, carefully using scotch tape to cover the line.  I then removed the tape and inked the bottom with red.  Once I loaded the stamp with ink, I lightly huffed on the entire stamp to warm the ink and stamped the image on white card stock.  I used the coordinating die to cut out.  I stamped the letters (U, S & A) in alternating colors as shown and used the Pennants die to cut them out.  I added all three with baker's twine and voila!  Very easy! 
 
Hope you and yours had a wonderful 4th of July!  God Bless my friend and God Bless America!
 
Papers - Bazzill, The Paper Studio, Georgia Pacific
Inks - Memento - Rhubard Stalk, Paris Dusk
Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug
Misc. Baker's Twine

1 comment:

Georgiana said...

I sure do like these colors too! Your card is very festive!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...