Thursday, April 10, 2014

~ Heaven and Earth ~

Good morning!  What a lovely day in the neighborhood!  I think I will change into a well worn cardigan and soft canvas sneaks before we begin...  Won't you be my neighbor???  ;-) 
Grab a cup of your favorite coffee and settle in for a bit. 
I have a wonderful card to share using some of the new Chalkboard Paper Collection from Our Daily Bread Designs. 
Chalkboard continues to be all the rage!  I see it in craft and hobby stores every time I stop in.  The beauty of these papers...  they are just beautiful!  They already look aged and so COOL! 
 
 
I started with a simple black card stock base (5.5 by 4.25) and added a white CS mat.  I used the lattice chalkboard print for my main layer and added some of the swiss dot (also double matted) to one side.  I stamped my sentiment (from Scripture Collection 12) with red ink on white card stock before using the new Vintage Pattern Die.  Before removing the die, I lightly inked the edges with a black distress ink.  Since the focal layer looks like lattice, I decided to incorporate a spray of flowers.  I used ODBD's Fancy Foliage Die to create my vines and added a few sizes of mulberry roses randomly with glue.  My finishing touches?  Four flat backed pearls at each corner.  A very simple and elegant project...  perfect for a lovely friend, your mom or grandmother...  a friend from church who lends support...  any lovely lady who needs a bit of encouragement!  
 
Here are the supplies I used today.
 
 
 

CSBD56 - Vintage Flourish Pattern Dies

 

 
 
G542 - SCRIPTURE COLLECTION 12

As always thanks so much for stopping by!  Until next time...

Blessings!!!

Supplies

Card Stock - Georgia Pacific
Ink - Memento Lady Bug, Ranger Distress Ink Black Soot
Pearls - Recollections
Blossoms - my stash
 

1 comment:

Alshandra said...

Hi Lori,
Beautiful card! Love the coloured flowers against the black and white! Just letting you know that I've nominated your blog for the Liebster Award (if you're interested). See my blog for info - http://alshandra.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/the-liebster-award.html
Elizabeth

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...