Sunday, November 17, 2013

~ A Little Bit of Green and Remaining Focused ~

Good morning!  Thanks as always for stopping by!  I have a wonderful card to share using Our Daily Bread Designs' November release, Poinsettia Wreath.  I love this time of year and I have already started a projects around the house.  I love Christmas and all of the decorating that goes with it!  Last year was a difficult year as I found myself struggling to even put up one tree!  This year I feel SO MUCH better and PRAISE God for his many mercies!  I just know this will be the best one yet! 
 
I wanted to share a funny story before diving into today's card.  A few weeks back, hubs and I were doing some long neglected outside chores.  I glanced up to see one of our ewes (female sheep) bleating frantically and running alongside the fence.  Thinking there might be a predator about, I rushed over to the field to see why she was so distressed.  I realized that there were ZERO sheep anywhere to be found!  After scanning the field, I realized this poor little girl had gone to sleep and the rest of the flock woke up and promptly went out to graze.  She couldn't see them and they couldn't hear her cries.  If you know anything about sheep at all, you know they have an incredible herding instinct.  They stay together for safety and security and get very nervous by themselves.  This little dear had taken her eyes off the prize so to speak and as a result was left behind.  Do you see where I'm going with this friends? 
 
If we fail to keep our eyes on the prize (Jesus), we get easily distracted.  I admit, I am guilty of this.  And it is so easy to look up, panic, and then frantically try to find him in our times of distress.  Fact is, he was there all the time!  He NEVER leaves us!  We just took our eyes off of him!  Thanks for reading...
 
Today's card...

 
 featuring Poinsettia Wreath

 


 


 
I used Kraft for my card base and added a layer of red card stock, scored at 1 inch intervals.  I wanted to create a background that resembled clapboard.  I then ran a distress ink pad lightly over the red piece to age it and define the score marks.  I used the Cathedral Window and Border Dies set to create my window (including an illuminated yellow interior) and frame.  I added the frame with dimensional foam to give it a realistic feel.  I colored the wreath with Copics and cut an additional poinsettia image and ribbon to add for dimension.  After completing those cuts and assembling my wreath, I added it to the "window."  So cute! 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Until next time...
 
Blessings...
 
 
Additional Products
 
Paper - Neenah Solar Crest, The Paper Studio, Bazzill
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, Ranger Distress Ink - Tea Dye
Misc. - ScorPal

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

gorgeous card, lori!! and thank you for sharing that story... definitely need that reminder to keep my eyes on the "prize", too!! hugs!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...