Tuesday, August 6, 2013

QFTD & Dare Challenge ~ Thanks Berry Much ~

Good morning!  Hope you had a restful and relaxing weekend! 

Thanks to everyone who hopped along this weekend with me during the Paper Sweeties 1st Birthday party!  I had several questions about the paper I used on one of my projects (owls).  I found it at Hobby Lobby in a Christmas pack.  I just picked it up in the last few weeks.  So if you have a HL close by, check out the Christmas Paper Studio collections!  Thanks again for all of your sweet comments!

Now on to more fun!  I used today's card to play along in several of the "Dirty Girl" challenges at Split Coast.  I can't tell you what the challenges were...  SHHHH!!!  But I can share the card.  So here goes...


This card is actually a two layer die cut.  What do I mean by that?  Well, I cut the quatrefoil pattern layer first and then cut the shadow quatrefoil design die and placed in with a light layer of adhesive in the center of the pattern die cut.  I then placed the quatrefoil pattern die in the center and cut right through both layers.  In essence, I cut the center out of the original die.  I added dimensional foam to "puff" up the center and stamped my sentiment on a another die.  I layered it on with a fun foliage die and faux "blossoms" to the side.  It looks a great deal more complicated than it is.  But I sure like the look.  So what do you think?
 
Thanks for stopping by! 
 
Blessings...
 
Lori
 
Products
 
 


 
 
 
and stamp set Strawberries
 
 
Other Products
 
Paper - Bazzill, Georgia Pacific
Ink - Memento Lady Bug
Paper Punch - MS Crafts
Beads - Recollections
Dies - Spellbinders Floral Ovals (sentiment panel)
 
Challenges
 
Scrap Creations - Anything Goes

7 comments:

Spyder said...

This is lovely, it just goes to show, if you have all the right die-cuts you don't need anything else, super card!
(Lyn)

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous. Love the striking red and white.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Cards By Jan said...

Wow Lori!! This is BEAUTIFUL!! I have been trying to get these two Die Cut sets, but every time I order...I need something else more...But what an awesome card...I LOVE it!!
Blessings & Hugs!!

loz said...

Fabulous card and colors. I saw this on MIM..Loz

Mary Ann said...

WOW!That's a BEAUTIFUL CARD!!!Love the red and white!!!

Laura Sterckx said...

Gorgeous card! Lovely colors and I love the die cutting!

Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge!
Laura :)

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Lori, love the red and white and such gorgeous dies and fabulous design..


Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...