Thursday, August 15, 2013

MOJO306 ~ Water Your Soul ~

I do not have a green thumb.  I suspect if my thumb really were a color...  it would be black.  My SIL gave me a potted plant 3 years ago after the death of my BIL.  She had so many plants, afghans and the like after the funeral...  it was too much!  So she dutifully divided items up among the brothers and sisters.  My husband became the keeper of said plant.  Well, if there is anyone who shows less interest in plants than me...  well it would be dear hubs. 
 
All was well for a time.  We managed to provide adequate sunshine and water as needed.  Months became years and that poor plant started to look sick.  It lost it's leaves, yellowed and just looked terrible.  My mother cautioned that repotting was in order but I being the stubborn soul, decided we would wait it out. 
Then hubs and I took a trip...  a week long trip...  during the hottest week of the year here...  AND forgot to tell anyone about the plant sitting on the deck in those merciless conditions.  So when we came home we found the once pitiful plant...  brown... dry and well...  dead! 
 
Remember something about a stubborn soul earlier?  Well that soul, me, decided I would pull all the old dead leaves out, water and WAIT.  Guess what?  Two weeks later, there are tiny green shoots peeking out!  (Obviously, they have not heard about my track record or they would not be so enthusiastic...) 
So what does a dried up plant have to do with today's post? 
 
 Today's sentiment can be found in Our Daily Bread Designs stamp set Garden Sentiments.  I thought of that plant when I saw it and marveled how it resembles my soul.  When I neglect to read my Bible or miss a Wednesday night Bible Study, I miss a tremendous blessing.  Without that kind of water, I can't grow as a Christian.  It makes my walk so much better.  So maybe next year I will plant that garden, commune with God's creation and water my soul....
 
Today's card...

 
 

I chose to use multiple layers of aqua, white and kraft card stock with coordinating DP.  I nestled the sentiment on a die cut burlap rectangle and a paper doily on the bottom.  A few blossoms and greenery adorn the side with a cut pearl flourish.  The greenery die is another Our Daily Bread Designs Product...
 



Isn't it fun?  I just love the burlap.  I need to pull that out of my stash more often!  Thanks for looking and until next time...  blessings!
 
Lori
 
Challenges
 
 
 


2 comments:

Sabrina Jackson said...

Hello my friend! First let me say I absolutely loved your little story about the plant and the soul....it is so true!! Your card is gorgeous...totally gorgeous! TFS! Hope all is well! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Such a sweet story and equally sweet card. Thanks for sharing both. :)

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...