Saturday, May 11, 2013

MOJO292 ~ Happy Father's Day ~

Happy Saturday morning to ya!  Mother's Day is almost upon us and I find myself creating Father's Day cards???
 I wish I could say I'm ahead...  but the fact is... I'm not!!!  **sigh** 
 
Today's card features the MOJO Monday  sketch and a new stamp set from Our Daily Bread Designs .  The card has a decidedly masculine feel and I even tried my hand at a sailor's knot...  they are not nearly as complicated as they look!  Whew!!!  So here's the card...

 
and the stamp set,
 
 

I chose a cream colored card stock for my base and added a layer of distressed Kraft.  The DPs are from a coordinating set...  (love when the paper takes the guess work out of it...)  I used Our Daily Bread Designs' Spellbinder custom die, Cathedral Window & Border Die  (the border die) to cover the seam between the two DPs. 
 
A small Spellbinder die provided the circle die which I topped with a nautical charm and sailor's knot.  I placed the Kraft tag and other Kraft panel side by side before stamping my image.  Then I removed the smaller piece and matted it with a bit of the cream colored CS.  Another bit of this same CS provides my sentiment panel.  I stamped both the image and sentiment with a rich brown ink...  kinda reminds me of an old treasure map! 
 
Thanks as always for stopping by...  until next time...  Blessings....
 
Lori
 
Card Recipe

Stamps - Our Daily Bread Designs - The Waves on the Sea 
Dies - Spellbinders Custom Die for Our Daily Bread Designs - Cathedral Window & Border Die ; Spellbinders Standard Circles Large
Ink - Memento - Rich Cocoa
Papers - The Paper Studio - Kraft; Bazzill; My Mind's Eye - Indie Chic
Misc. - Anchor Charm; Hemp Cord (sailor's knot); Distressing Tool; Kraft Tag by Recollections 
 
Challenges
 
MOJO292  - Sketch Challenge
 
 

3 comments:

Georgiana said...

Boy, you jumped right ahead. Looks great!

Georgiana
• Carson's Creations •

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card!Love the colors,great stamp!!!

Maria said...

Fabulous masculine card for Father's Day! Love the anchor charm, which is so eye catching! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...