Monday, March 18, 2013

ODBD ~ A Happy Marriage ~

Good morning!  Hope all is well with you and yours!  Today, I am sharing a March release from Our Daily Bread Designs  entitled Happy Marriage Recipe.  This little gem is perfect for shower, wedding cards and altered art.  My mind is swimming with the gifts I can make for the brides-to-be on my list. 
 
Marriage takes a great deal of work.  And it definitely takes all sorts of ingredients to make it work!  I've put up with...  ahem...  loved my hubs for almost 10 years!  (Waving wildly at ya honey!!!!)  He knows I am a handful and is oh so gracious and loving with this Type A personality.  He even knows after all this time if I get in a cleaning mood to RUN not walk to the door!  He has learned I have to have the house to myself to be productive! 
 
The last 4 months or so have been particularly trying as I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease early this year.  Even when I wasn't quite myself, John was there to pray, encourage and lend a smile.  It's the little stuff that counts.  I may be a few pounds heavier and have more snow on the roof but that doesn't matter to him.  That my friend is a keeper! 
 
So here's the card...

 
and the stamp set, Happy Marriage Recipe
 


The card base is black card stock with a matted layer of white.  I chose a designer paper specifically themed for weddings.  I framed the sentiment with a Spellbinder die, Romantic Rectangles.  I embellished the edges with pearls and added a satin black bow for interest.  Pretty simple really, but I LIKE it!  Thanks for stopping by!  Until next time...  blessings...
 
Lori
 
Card Recipe
 
Stamps - Our Daily Bread Designs - Happy Marriage Recipe
Dies - Spellbinders - Romantic Rectangles
Ink - Versafine - Black Onyx
Papers - Bazzill, Georgia Pacific, Little Yellow Bicycle - Swoon
Misc. - Ribbon by Offray, Pearls by Recollections
 

3 comments:

Maria said...

Beautiful recipe for LOVE card decorated so pretty! Lovely border with ribbon! This would be perfect for a bride-to-be! Hope you get to feeling better...take care!

Tam said...

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Take care!
This is a very nice card.

Kelley said...

He sounds like a wonderful husband!!! Beautiful card!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...