Wednesday, July 4, 2012

SC392 & WAW35 ~ Patriotic Picnic

Welcome back! So glad you took a few moments out of your busy day to stop by! This post features a card I created for a Splitcoast sketch challenge. Here's the sketch...


And my interpretation...


The doily is actually a Cheery Lynn Die cut that I cut in half and attached to the focal panel. Sometimes, things just don't fit right and you have to make adjustments. I wish blue jeans worked that way! lol... The image by Our Daily Bread Designs may be found in the Thank You Sentiments set. I colored it with Copics and added some Meadow Flower Soft for texture. Thanks for looking and until next time...

Blessings...

Lori

Card Recipe

Stamps - Our Daily Bread Designs - Thank You Sentiments
Ink - Memento - Tuxedo Black & Summer Sky (sponged on sky background); Copics
Paper - Bazzill; Gina K Designs Pure Luxury; K & Company Americana
Dies - Cheery Lynn Designs - French Pastry; Spellbinders - Petite Scalloped Circles Large & Standard Circles Large
Misc. - Ribbon - Offray; Flower Soft - Meadow

Challenges

Splitcoast Stampers - SC392 - Sketch
Word Art Wednesday - Blessings From God - WAW35

4 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

You did an amazing job on this card. It turned out just awesome. Thanks for sharing it in this week's challenge at Word Art Wednesday.
I also have that doily die cut from Cheery Lynn Designs, but haven't used it in a while so you've inspired me to pull it out,
and do something with it.
I agree with you about the jeans, too! LOL
Have a great week,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Cards By Jan said...

Beautiful card Lori!! I love how you incorporated it into two challenges, great layout...will have to go try it....Love the basket...beautifully coloured!!
Hugs

Dad24treasures said...

Lori - Your card is beautiful. You did a great job using the design challenge! Thanks for linking up at WAW :)

- Paula from WAW DT

Tam said...

great card! I want to do some picnics this summer.
I have the worst time with pants....

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...