Diane's Exploring Cricut challenge this week..
- Score boxes as scoreline indicates. (I found this to be easier using a clear ruler on my Scor-Pal to line them up...)
- Locate the top of the box on your white cut. Line the score marks up on the inch marker and cut. You should have an inch extra on each side.
- After trimming the frosting layer place in Polka Dots folder and emboss. There will be a tiny area that does not emboss on each side. Don't worry! You can trim those off.
- Trim the remaining tag folds OFF of the white frosting and trim edges as desired. I made zig zags...
- Assembly yellow cake base with Scor-Tape. DO NOT use adhesive on back. Otherwise, you can't put any goodies in there!
- Make sure your "cake" box is situated so the back door opens like a garage door... bottom up... (Very crucial b4 next step)
- Add "frosting" to top with Scor-Tape. Again, make sure the door in the back opens from the bottom up. This is why we trimmed off all the tabs so it can be opened.
- 8. Trim with thin satin ribbon on three sides. (I used 1/4 in Scor-Tape for this project.) Tuck ends inside box. Decorate "back door" last, tucking ends in behind the opening to allow it to open.
- Finish off with desired trims. I used some fun new items from Jolee's that look like Cake Frosting... So cool!