There are so many things to do this time of year. Our home includes some special touches around the holidays. I always enjoy taking the items out of storage and reliving the memories that go with each one. Many of the ornaments for our tree were purchased on special vacations. It is so nice to relive being at the top of the Empire State Building, exploring the French Quarter of New Orleans or walking the beaches of Amelia Island, Florida. There are also ornaments that are special to John's sons including wooden ornaments they made as children and items that were on their family tree before their Mother's untimely passing... These are the special items that make our place a HOME.
So with today's card I wanted to do something feminine and even nostalgic. I wanted something that screamed elegance, grace and beauty. Naturally it had to have pearls! Nothing dresses up an outfit like pearls! And this beauty is no exception... Over the last few months I have been working with a new blog called Exploring Cricut. And it really has challenged me to use those cartridges I already have! For this card I utilized Forever Young and Storybook. Both are very chic and girly-girl!!! So perfect for those feminine cards we all need to whip up!
So when you are dressing up your home this season don't forget to give yourself a little attention too! Pamper yourself just a little...
Paper - Bazzill, Graphic 45 - Once Upon a Springtime Collection - Spellbound; Stamps - Our Daily Bread Designs - Weave in Faith; Ink - Versafine Black Onyx; Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug Swiss Dots; Doily - Wilton; Pearls; Satin Ribbon; Mulberry Rose, Needle & Thread; Dimensional Foam
Dress Form - pg 49 (5 in)
Dress - pg 43 (6.5 in)
Doily - pg 36 (5 in)
1. Form card base with 6 x 12 in white card stock base. Score at 6 in and fold.
2. Cut designer paper 5.75 x 5.75 in and adhere to base.
3. Cut Cricut cuts as noted above. Emboss dress (designer paper layer) with embossing folder.
4. Adhere dress layers together. Loop satin ribbon around form lightly gluing in place.
5. Adhere dress to form using dimensional foam. Glue pearls around neck of form.
6. Cut doily. Stamp sentiment on Wilton doily and adhere to Storybook doily base.
7. Place doily and form on card as shown. Add random trimming as desired.