Sunday, August 21, 2011

Enjoy



I love putting blue and white together on a card! For several years I had a white matelasse coverlet on our bed. And under it was the most beautiful china blue and white sheet set! Oh, how I loved that combo. Our bed always looked so fresh! And then after several years, I decided as much as I loved it, I must make a change. And guess what? I am still kicking myself to this day for selling that set.... SIGH.... Some combos are just CLASSIC!!!!

My favorite way to incorporate white into any card is to use punches. This card has several layers of not only punched paper but die cuts as well. And the plan for this design... showcase the scripture!

I layered a strip of white card stock punched on both sides with a lattice punch on top of the designer paper. The second layer consists of a sliver of that same designer paper. I then punched another strip of eyelet and added it. All of the white layers (including the Spellbinders) were lightly misted with Glimmer Mist to give it some added bling! The Scripture panel was hand cut and placed on top of two layers of dies. And the final touch included another custom dyed bow (from seam binding) and some flowers. I have become quit a fan of the custom dyed bows. They are super easy to do and I love how you can control the intensity of the look and color. Thanks so much for looking and until next time!

Paper - Bazzill, Bo Bunny Barefoot & Bliss; ODBD Scrolly Borders, Scripture Series 2; Ink - Close to My Heart Dutch Blue; Glimmer Mist Dazzling Diamonds, Smooch Spritz Sea Kiss; Punches - Martha Stewart for EK Success; Spellbinders Lacey Circles; Lacey Doily Motifs; Seam Binding Hug Snug; Flowers; Pearls

4 comments:

Rosemary said...

blue and white is such a fresh and crisp combo, lori... your card is a perfect example of that clean, crisp look! simply gorgeous! thank you for the lovely comment on my clematis & butterfly card!

Tam said...

so pretty!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Lori. I love blue and white too. My son and husband think I am a little obsessed with those colors. It does make picking out presents easier though...LOL

Jani
Paper Compulsions

Merlyn said...

Fantastic cards :)

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...