Thursday, July 7, 2011

Always Give Yourselves Fully




In today's card I took a Martha Stewart Lattice Punch and modified it (on the card it is actually two pieces) to make it look like a real piece of lattice. I added a touch of plant like ribbon to add to the effect. I also tried my hand at using some of those popular flower punches to create faux hydrangea... I had a blast putting this one together! And isn't that what it is about?

Speaking of having fun... the scripture set I used today is from a recent release by ODBD, Serve the Lord. I have always found it hard to find appropriate stamps to use as encouragement for all those who help in the church. This set is perfect for that and I know this one will get plenty of use creating thank you cards for all of my VBS helpers! Thanks as always for reading! Blessings...

Lori

Card Recipe

Card Stock - Bazzill; Neenah Solar Crest
Designer Paper - K & Company - Cottage Garden Collection
Stamps - ODBD - Butterfly; Serve the Lord
Ink - Copics B21 & B23 (butterfly); CTMH Dutch Blue (sentiment)
Punches - EK Success
Dies - Spellbinders - Lacey Circles, Floral Doily Motifs, ODBD - Butterfly Die
Ribbon - stash

5 comments:

Grace said...

Hi Lori! OMGoodness this card is sooo pretty!!! I love the double lattice and you did a great job creating your hydrangeas! Beautiful in every way... and yes I agree this set is so great for those thank yous to all those who give so much at Church and in other ministries!

Rosemary said...

lori... your card is absolutely amazing!! love the lattice you created, as well as the hydrangea!!

Sabrina Jackson said...

WOW, Lori, girl, this is such a beautiful card!!! I absolutely love that lattice and the leaves climbing up on it. Those hydrangeas are amazing too, you have totally outdone yourself on this one!! I am sure the helpers from VBS will treasure those amazing than you's!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Tam said...

Pretty! The lattice is neat!

E. Marie said...

Lori, this is so beautiful. Love how you used the MS punch to creat the lattice and how you created that beautiful Hydrangea in the colrner. Lovely way to enhance your sentiment.

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...