Friday, May 20, 2011

God's Love

Yeah Friday! So glad the weekend is here! Just like an old friend Mr. Friday returns and I am so happy to see him! Hubby, Michael and grand kids will be tackling that "to do" list I mentioned earlier in the week! If the weather holds, they will be cleaning out the basement, refreshing river rock in our flower beds and getting ready to do some work in our bonus room downstairs. We planned on finishing the spare room 7 years ago when we built but never got around to it. John declared earlier this spring that this would be the year! No wonder it has rained so much! Wink, Wink... :-) This is my Friday to work, so I will be cheering them on from afar...

I created today's card for the Stamping in Time challenge over at Our Daily Bread Designs. I did not have the pleasure of playing along while guest designing. It seemed like stuff always got in the way! I am a BIG fan of Betty Wright. She creates BEAUTIFUL cards. If you have some time this week hop over and check it out. I promise you will get a serious dose of creative inspiration!

Happy Friday to you and we'll chat again soon!

Hugs~

Lori

Betty asked participants to frame their card with some sort of embossing. I embossed one layer of card stock and my designer paper with my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder. I just couldn't get by without that folder. It is a classic! Look closely and you will notice some unsteady stitching! I broke out my new sewing machine for it's first try at stitching cards. I'm definitely a work in progress! lol My complete card recipe follows the photo.



Card Recipe

4 1/4 x 6 inches

Card Stock - Bazzill
Designer Paper - K & Company - Watercolor Paper Pad
Stamp - Our Daily Bread Designs - Scripture Collection 5
Ink - Close to My Heart - Cotton Candy
Spellbinders - Floral Doily Motifs; Standard Circles Large; Petite Scalloped Circles Large
Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug - Swiss Dots
Fiber - Stampin' Up - Seam Binding
Rose & Leaves - Recollections
Pearls - Recollections
Butterfly - Creation Cafe
Hat Pin - Custom
Sewing Machine

4 comments:

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh my goodness gracious, Lori!!! Girl, this is such a stunning card! I love the paper, your stitching and that awesome doily you've die cut, but wait that is not it yet. Your Prima rose and those leaves and that stick pin.....I LOVE it ALL!! Have a blessed weekend my sweet friend!! Hugs, Sabrina

Betty Wright said...

Lori, this is GORGEOUS! Beautiful colors and the flower and ribbon accenting with the cute little butterfly is perfection! Beautifully done! Thanks so much for playing ODBD Stamping In Time Challenge!

Connie B. said...

Such a pretty card. Love the Daily Bread Stamps. The colors work so well together.. Nice work.

Tam said...

Ooh, i like that little butterfly!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...