Sunday, March 13, 2011

As long as the earth endures...



My heart is heavy today as I think about those in Japan who have suffered through such a cataclismic earthquake and subsequent flood. I can't imagine what they are going through. It's funny how the Father works. I created this card two days ago and promptly left it on a desk to be photographed at a later date. Last night after absorbing the news events of the day, I ventured to my scrap room. I found this card and re-read the verse from Genesis. God doesn't promise us a tomorrow but he promises us that as long as the earth remains we can count on the rhythms of life... night and day... summer and winter... and even though not mentioned here, I feel certain life and death. Isn't it wonderful that we can count on ETERNAL life if we trust in Him! No more sorrow and no more pain!

We have been dealing with life and death here on our farm. As many of you know we raise sheep in addition to our dogs. I came home a few days ago to find one of our ewes dead along with a beautiful white lamb. As difficult as it was to comprehend, hubby and I knew that this is the nature of the beast and we wrapped ourselves in other ewes and their lambs. As I type this post, we have another ewe down. And unfortunately, she is my husband's pick. I spent two hours early this morning watching him frantically medicate and work with her to save her life. Finally, dejected he came in to rest. I don't know how this story will end but I do know that with life there comes death. It is painful and not for us to understand. It is the result of a fallen world and of course man's sin. I rest in the assurance of the promise our Savior made for us that one day we will be free of pain and death. What a wonderful thought!

I certainly don't want to end this post on a negative note as many wonderful things are happening here at the farm. And if you scroll down after today's card, you will see what I mean. For as with any negative there is always a positive. You just have to look around you to see it. Blessings to you and yours!

Lori
Saintsrule!

Recipe

Card Stock - Bazzill
Designer Paper - K & Company - Cottage Garden
Stamps - ODBD - Noah's Ark
Die Cut - Paper Lace - Cricut Cartridge (lavender background with dp scrollwork)
Dies - Spellbinders Nestabilities - Fancy Tags, Standard Circles, Eyelet Circles
Ink - Memento - Grape Jelly (sentiment) Lulu Lavender (sponged on circle)
Punch - Martha Stewart by EK Success
Fiber - Martha Stewart 1 1/2" Woodgrain Hydrangea
Glimmer Mist - Dazzling Diamonds - misted on final project









No comments:

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...