Monday, February 14, 2011

A Little Girl's Birthday - A Stair Step Card



A few days ago I asked For your prayers as I worked on a birthday card. A grandmother had asked me to create something special for her granddaughter's ninth birthday. I decided to use my Cricut and specifically the cartridge, A Child's Year. I absolutely love the images on this cartridge. They can be used for so many occasions.

I tried to reflect the changes in a young girl on this card. The first image is of a child celebrating it's first birthday. The second image is of a young girl playing at the beach. I picked this image because one of my friend's most prized photo is of her granddaughter at the beach. And finally, I picked a slightly older image of a girl holding a bird. My friend loves birds and I thought this image would remind her granddaughter how much she is loved! There are several great tutorials on the web. Just search for stair step cards! Thanks as always and I look forward to talking with you again soon!

Blessings

Lori
Saintsrule!



Card Stock - Bazzill
Designer Paper - Echo Park Paper - Little Girl - Gingham Gaby
Ink - Memento Angel Pink - inked around the edges of the DP
Ink - Sentiment - Close to My Heart - Hollyhock
Stamp - Sentiment - Gina K. Designs - Sending Sunshine by Theresa Momber
Die Cuts - Images - Cricut - A Child's Year (4 inches)
Die Cuts - Sentiment - Classic Ovals Small, Classic Scalloped Ovals Small
Fiber - Stampin Up
Punch - Martha Stewart

1 comment:

Tam said...

very nice! You came up with a great idea!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...