Saturday, November 20, 2010

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer



Friday night I had the opportunity to participate in a card class my friend Emily was having. We had so much fun! I enjoy getting to chat with others plus see what fabulous things they are creating!

We created 4 cards (all pre-cut) and then created 2 on our own. The best part was we got a stamp set to keep. I love building my stamp collection this way. I now have 6 COMPLETE Christmas cards! How cool is that? Thanks again Emily for hosting and sharing your talents!

So with a new set of Close to My Heart stamps in hand, I had to go to work... tee hee...

I bought this designer paper a few years back. I loved the non-traditional colors (brown and blue) and the designs. But you know how that goes... I put it in my obscene paper stash and never pulled it out! So when I saw the cute reindeer image on the I Believe set, I knew this paper would be perfect! I even copied one of Emily's ideas of using a red rhinestone on Rudolph's nose! How fun!

So try something different this week. Pull out that paper you have collecting dust or add a shot of unexpected color to your project! Who would have thought that a red rhinestone would add so much to a brown and blue color scheme? Sometimes we have to be a little daring! Go for it! And have a wonderful Saturday!

Blessings

Lori

Card Recipe

5 x 7

Card Stock - Brown, Periwinkle - Bazzill
Card Stock - Kraft - Gina K. Designs
Designer Paper - My Mind's Eye - Bohemian Christmas - Merry Paisley Paper, Merry Reindeer Paper
Image - Close to My Heart - I Believe
Sentiment - Close to My Heart - Holiday Warmth
Ink - Image & Sentiment - Memento - Rich Cocoa
Ink - also sponged over the Nestability... edges only
Nestabilities - Large Standard Circles
Ribbon - Offray - 7/8 Grosgrain Brown
Jewel - Kaisercraft Basics Rhinestones - Red



I created the bow with my Bow Easy! Love that tool!

No comments:

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...