Monday, October 25, 2010

Breaking out the Cricut...



A while back, I finally broke out my Cricut and Gypsy after a LONG sabbatical. It's not that I don't love my dear friends but it seems my time is so limited. Just like a teenage crush, my attention turned to my new love, my Copics. And unfortunatly just like the sad mop (in the Swiffer commercials) my old toys were left behind. That commercial just cracks me up. Not sure why, but it does! (LOL)

Anywho... I decided to rekindle the romance after seeing a post on the Cricut Messageboard about the Heritage cartridge. Let me confess... I have tons of cartridges and some I have never (GASP) used! There must be a twelve step program for this, right? Thanks to whoever came up with this brilliant idea! They used the wrought iron gate welded together 4 times to make a fabulous background. They used it on a scrapbook page which undoubtedly was much easier to cut. I tried to do this for a small card and was left punching out lots of little hanging chads.... ARGGG...

But the results were well worth it. I especially love the details added by paper piecing the headband and dress. I used a little Chatterbox paper snippet I had to add a little pizzaz! It turned out so cute! I hope you find it beautiful too! Thanks so much and have a wonderful week!

Lori

P.S. Watch my blog in the next few days as I am going to post instructions on coloring pumpkins! I have had quite a few questions on that and my poinsettias. I plan to do both this week!



Card Recipe

Finished Design
6 X 5 1/4

Card Stock - Bazzill, dark brown, cream, black
Card Stock - Image - Gina K. Pure Luxury
Designer Paper - Autumn Sweetwater Paper Collection (out of my way back when stash)
Designer Paper - Paper Piercing (headband, dress) Chatterbox (unknown pattern)
Stamp - Image - C.C. Designs Rubber Stamps - Pumpkin Emma
Stamp - Sentiment - Studio G. - Series 20
Ink - Image - Memento Tuxedo Black
Ink - Image - Coloring - Copic (colors to follow)
Ink - Edges - Memento Rich Cocoa
Ink - Sentiment - Memento Rich Cocoa
Paper Punch - Ionic Ticket punch
Die Cut - Provocraft - Heritage - Iron Gate (welded on my Gypsy at 90, 120, 180, -90 degrees) Size - 4.98 Width x 4.92 Height
Die Cuts - Spellbinders Nestabilities - Eyelet Circles, Standard Circles Large
Ribbon - Offray - 7/8 Grosgrain Brown
Pop Dots

Copic Colors

Hair - E25, E27, E33
Skin - E000, E00, E21
Blush - R20
Shadow on Apron - C1
Shoes - E25, E27
Wagon Handle - E27
Tires - C5, C7
Pumpkin - YR04, YR07, YR15, Y38
Stem - YG03, YG23

1 comment:

Cindy@ Scrap-obsessed.blogspot.com said...

Oh my gosh this is awesome. Love the plaid dress. You are so talented with those copics!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...