Sunday, September 19, 2010
It is true!
This week's challenge over at Our Daily Bread Designs involves creating something bright and white! The idea is to make a card with minimal coloring. This is something that is particularly challenging for me. (I guess that's why it is called a challenge, right?) I love color! It just seems strange to not pulled out the bright designer paper and card stock.
I have created this type of card one time before and surprisingly I REALLY liked the results. Naturally, I thought it was all a coincidence and that I really could not make this type of card. So with that thought in the back of my head, I set about to work on the ODBD challenge. And did I surprise myself! I really LOVE the results this time and I hope you do to! Take a look and take the challenge yourself! Freedom from color rocks! Have a wonderful Sabbath day!
5 x 6 inch designs
Card stock - Georgia Pacific - card, Neenah - Image
Ink - Image - Memento - Tuxedo Black, Copic
Ink - Sentiment - Memento - Grape Jelly
Ink - Background - Memento - Summer Sky
Image - Stamp and Sentiment - Our Daily Bread Designs - The Lord Has Risen
Punch - Martha Stewart
Embossing - Provocraft - Swiss Dots Folder
Smooch Spritz - Vanilla Shimmer
Die Cuts - Spellbinders - Fleur De Lis Pendant, Labels One
Corner Rounder - 1/4 in - Crop A Dile
Pearls - Scrappers Must Haves
Adhesive - Scotch Brand Foam Tape
1. The body of the card was cut to 10 x 6 inches and scored at the 5 inch point with my
2. The second layer was cut to 5 X 6 inches and edged on two sides with MS punch.
Adhere to base with adhesive foam.
3. The third layer was cut to 5 x 6 inches, embossed with the Swiss dots folder leaving
approximately 3/4 in outside of the embossing folder. I then highlighted the non
embossed areas by scoring those in my Scor Buddy.
4. I cut my pendant and smaller pendant out of card stock. These components along
with the embossed layer were covered with Vanilla Shimmer Smooch and allowed to dry.
5. I colored my image and then cut/embossed it with the Labels One die. Once this was
done, I lightly sponged around the edges with the Summer Sky ink BEFORE removing
6. Once the Swiss Dot base was dry, I adhered it to the punched layer. I then layered
the pendant fleur de lis and the smaller pendant (which I cut in two and placed on
each side as a second layer).
7. After layering and adhering to the card, I stamped my verse on card stock, cut it down
and used my corner rounder to soften the edges. I adhered it with foam dots and
embellished with pearls!
V00, V04, V09
YG07, YG17, YG67