Sunday, August 15, 2010

Friends Fur-ever!



As I am writing this post today, I am thinking about the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. And before this morning I hadn't thought about that beautiful place in Tennessee for a long time. Apparently this card has inspired me to go visit! Now, if I can just get dear hubby to go along with the idea... LOL...

This card is a little different for me. I actually broke out the Cricut Expression and Gypsy again. I don't know why I don't do this more often. I guess I have become a creature of habit and since taking up Copics I just want to color everything. Good thing the St. Bernards won't stand still! :-P

I found the fun flock technique over at My Craft Spot on August 12th and had to try it. Check it out! If I can do it anyone can! Have a blessed and relaxing Sunday everyone and thanks again as always.

Lori



Card Recipe

Completed card 5 X 7 inches

Cardstock - White - Georgia Pacific, Blue, Brown, Gray - Bazzill
Pattern Paper - Trees, grass - unknown
Ink - Memento - Black Tuxedo
Flocking - Stampendous - Plain Ol' Black
Adhesives - Xyron 500 - flocking, Zig Two Way Glue - assembling flocked parts to die cut (ex. Mr. Raccoon's mask)
Sentiment - My Pink Stamper - Punny-licious
Pop Dots
Provocraft Cricut Cartridge - Create A Critter

Cricut Measurements

Raccoon - 3.29 inches X 3.12
Trees - two trees welded and stretched, final measurements 5.17 inches X 3.23
Grass - 4 images welded, final measurements 5.98 inches X 1.01

The mountains and sky are simply torn paper applied to the white backing. I cut the trees and grass out twice and doubled them up with pop dots for dimension. For the flocking I ran the blackout image of the raccoon through my xyron UPSIDE down and adherred layers. THEN I filled in with flocking as I wanted the feet and arms to be fuzzy... The layers (tail and mask) were flocked separately and then adherred to image. Check out Kimberly's blog I mentioned above for a easy video!

No comments:

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...