Wednesday, September 30, 2015

ODBD ~ Those Who Are Peacemakers ~


Good morning!  I hope you are having a wonderful week!  Things are a bit "drippy" here in Kentucky.  But I know the mums and other assorted flowers are loving it!  The down side...  the autumn foliage may just hit the ground early this year!  And there is nothing more depressing than seeing bare trees this time of year!  I sure would like to see a bit of autumn color before that happens! 
I'm popping in to share a card using a few items from Our Daily Bread Designs' 
September release.  It's hard to believe that October will be here TOMORROW!  YIKES!!!  But that means I get to share a fun new release with you!  So be sure to come back tomorrow to check it out!  And the BLOG HOP!!!!!
I wanted to take a moment to share a real life moment from earlier this week.  It appears the Lord has laid this incident on my heart and I want to share it with you.  I hope it gives you pause to reflect.  Check after today's card for my thought for the day...

But first, I will start with my card featuring ODBD's Pretty Posies Die and Plant a Garden stamp set. 


  And here's a close up of those fun blossoms...  I must admit...  I have spent entirely too much time lately getting inky with this new die set...  all of the flower were created with white card stock...  I inked each center with a soft butter color distress ink and the edges with a water color distress ink.  I spritzed each blossom lightly with water before manipulating to give them a bit of depth... 


and the new items  you see today...



and some old favorites....
I used this one to emboss my card stock...


This one framed my sentiment...  along with a bit of softly sponged summer sky ink...




I used the tiny sun die to create the base for my flower "blossoms..."


Check out our sister company North Coast Creations
for other fun products for your projects including this die...


And of course some fun "dragonfly" DP....


So here is my thought for the day...

My husband and I recently went out to dinner.  We went to a pizza place we love.  While our server was waiting on us, another young man came by to take the adjoining tables' order.  Apparently they knew one another...  He asked what they would like to have and one of the customers made the remark that "you must really get some mean people in here..."  Not sure where that came from but... 

At this point, I was intrigued and though I know it isn't polite to eavesdrop...  I wanted to see where this went....  particularly since I deal with customer service for a living.... It didn't take long for me to see where it was going. 

"You can't believe how difficult people can be.  And do you know the worst day of the week?"  He asked.  "No, which one?" I heard the adjoining table say.  The server plowed right on.  "Sunday!  Yep, people are at their worst on Sunday."  Now the customer wades in.  "Yep, all those CHRISTIANS, right out of church....  They are the worst, I bet." 

Thud, my heart dropped.  Our witness, my witness as one of "those" Christians was being undermined by those who won't practice what they preach. 
So friends, my question to you today...

If someone who isn't a Christian were watching you...  would they want to be like you???  Would they see Christ in how you treat others???


Blessings....


1 comment:

Contagiously Crafty said...

Beautiful card - you're selling that flower die, girfriend! Your thoutht of the day is poignant. Oh to be more mindful of the name of our Jesus we carry around on our sleeve. We too easily forget!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...