Friday, August 1, 2014

A New Month and a New Release at Our Daily Bread Designs

Good morning and welcome to another fabulous release day at Our Daily Bread Designs!  If you enjoy sand between your toes and an ocean breeze ruffling your hair, we have the release for you!  Sandy beaches, flip flops, sand dollars...  Where is the nearest beach???? 
 
In the meantime, take a peek at all of the new and charming products at Our Daily Bread Designs.  Plus, three winners will be randomly chosen from comments left of the design teams blogs to receive a $15 Gift Certificate to the ODBD Store, to be used toward the purchase of ODBD Stamps found in the "stamps column" of the website.  Hurry!  You only have until August 2, 2014 at 9:00 p.m. EDT to leave your comments!  The winners will be posted on the ODBD Blog  on August 3rd, so be sure to check back there to see if you have won! 
 
Here is the first card I have to show today using, Flip Flop Fun and coordinating Flip Flop Die plus the sand dollar image from Ocean Treasures.
 
 
I stamped my flip flops on white card stock, die cut them and colored them lightly with a teal glitter glue.  Once they were dry, I added a tiny pearl on each.  The card base is a simple seafoam green card stock with a vellum layer on top.  I stamped the sand dollar image randomly with a watermark ink and embossed the pattern with white embossing powder.  I chose white and sea foam green for my sentiment panel selecting ODBD's previous die releases Vintage Flourish Pattern and Vintage Labels to highlight the sentiment. 
 
I just love this sentiment!  A cup of coffee...  sand between my toes...  ahhhhh....
 
Here's the new products you see...
 


 
and a couple of oldies...
layer 1
 
CSBD55 - VINTAGE LABEL DIES

layer 2
 
CSBD56 - VINTAGE FLOURISH PATTERN DIES 
 
And if you like something a bit more shabby,
here is my second card, using a gesso textured background....
 
 
 This time I stamped my image from Anchor the Soul on white card stock before using an older die, Antique Labels and Borders Die to frame it.  Look closely and you will see another favorite, Beautiful Borders Die peeking out from behind the seam binding. 
 
So here's a few of the items you see here today...
 
 
 and a couple of old standbys...
 
CSBD26 - ANTIQUE LABELS & BORDER DIES
 
CSBD51 - BEAUTIFUL BORDERS DIES

Thank you so much for stopping by!  Don't forget to visit my "sister sticks" and leave them some love!  {{hugs}}
 
 ;-)  If you get lost along the way...
 
The Breadsticks
Julie * Cathy * Paula * Grace * Chris * Lori 
Dawn * Sandee * Lisa * Angie * Sabrina * Wanda 
Audrey * Silke

 

 

29 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Oh, Lori, I'm sooooo loving both of these!!! The first, with the seafoam color scheme is absolutely delicious!! I love how you combined the sand dollar with the flip flops...perfect! The 2nd is cool and gorgeous at the same time....love the blues and how you did the background! HUGS!!

Grace said...

Oh Lori... these are both beautiful!!! I love the monochromatic color schemes... both so soothing and I love the gesso technique on the bg on the blue one! I absolutely love the mint and white one!!! Clean and yet full or beauty!!! Love it!!!
hugs,
Grace

Deb said...

Both cards are very elegant, love them both.

Unknown said...

Lori, I love both your cards but the blue one is just AWESOME .. love the color and the addition of the shabby feel! Love it !!

Unknown said...

The sand dollar card is so soothing and pretty! I'm relaxed just looking at it!!! Nice color combo! Love the choice of color on the second one too! It's so classy!!! They are simply beautiful!

Liz Williams said...

Wow, you even had a way of making those flip flops look elegant! Love the sand dollar embossed in the bg. Love the other card too.

Cathymac said...

Love the white embossed sand dollar on your first card, Lori! What a beautiful color! The Gesso texture makes your second card look so elegant…love the monochromatic blues! Fabulous release projects! Hugs!

lisa808 said...

Two gorgeous cards! Love the white-embossed sand dollars.

Sherry said...

love both of your gorgeous cards!!!! just beautiful!!!!

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

What beautiful monochromatic cards! I especially love the heat-embossed sand dollar on the first, and the gesso background on the second. Tfs!

Becky said...

Oh my goodness, Lori....beautiful and inspiring pieces.

April said...

Both cards are just lovely! I love the dies and that pretty white bow! xo

Sue D said...

Beautiful colors on your cards.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how beautiful Lori!! I just love the sand dollar embossed on the gorgeous blue and your navy and white with the gorgeous background!! Stunning work my friend!
hugs,
Chris

Silke Ledlow said...

Lori, both cards are gorgeous! Love how you embossed the background with the sand dollar! I really enjoy the blue/white theme on your second card!

Colleen said...

Both are great but I love the one with the sand dollar as the background the best, I always forget you can use your stamps as backgrounds too.

Stephanie said...

It's hard to pick a favorite between your two cards. I really like how you embossed the sand dollars on the vellum overlay and the colors on that card are gorgeous. I also really like how you kept the 2nd card blue and white and didn't color the image. All the die cuts are gorgeous!!

DebR said...

Love both your cards...so beautiful.
Really like the colors of the first card!

craftymom205 said...

Love the cards. Especially love the sand dollar background.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

Lena said...

Beautiful! Love the way you did the flip flops on the first card and the way you embossed the sand dollars on your second card. You're right a cup of java and sand between the toes is my idea of total fun and relaxation :-) Thank you for sharing your beautiful and very elegant cards.
Lena
xxx
Lena’s Creations

Bernadette RS said...

That teal glitter and pearl accent is gorgeous on the flip flops! That could be patented! Thanks for the inspiration! Your technique with gesso is beautiful too. That's new for me.

Dawn said...

Lori... such beautiful samples! I LOVE the sand dollar one in sea foam green...so peaceful! love the bg on your anchor card too.
both are just wonderful!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Very pretty embossed background on the first, it looks great on the vellum and love the pearls added to the flip flops. Love the combo of dies and the embossed background on the second card!

Audrey Hiltke said...

Wow Lori - these cards are fabulous!! I am in love with the first one - your colors and textures with the simple message and wonderful flip-flops just speaks to me. And your second is so striking with the bright blues and fun background. Beautiful work!! Hugs!!

Tammy P. said...

LOVE the simple color schemes on these cards. The seafoam green with the cream sand dollars is lovely, and navy is just perfect with the nautical theme.

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, these are both so gorgeous!! The embossed sand dollar BG and the colors are my fave elements on the first! Your monochromatic blues with the textured BG on the second are equally beautiful!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Hey Lori, my sweet friend, I love both of your amazing cards! I see we both had the same colors in our head. Love the combination of the fun flip flops with the sand dollar....just screams beach! And your anchor card, so elegant and classy...love it! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Lisa Somerville said...

Love the soft colors of the Sand Dollar/Flip Flop card! Wonderful Mixed Media card using the Anchor the Soul set!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Lori, your work is beautiful. :) I don't exactly know how I found your blog this evening, but I believe I was meant to see some of the Scriptures you have here.

Thank you so much for sharing the Word! xxoo

PS - I just signed up to receive your email updates. :)

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...