Sunday, September 1, 2013

Our Daily Bread Designs' September Release

Welcome to the ODBD September New Release! 
 
Kelley will be choosing one random winner from one of the designers blog comments to receive a $50 Gift Certificate to the ODBD Store to be used towards the purchase of stamps!  Now who couldn't use more ODBD stamps?????  You have until September 3rd, 2013 at 9:00pm EST to leave your comments on the designers blogs.  The winner will be posted on the ODBD Blog on September 4th, so be sure to check back to see if you have won.  :-)

I have two cards today featuring this fabulous new release! 

The first uses a new set called Jingle Bells...


shown here....


Isn't this image just amazing when colored?  I used Copics to color it and lightly sponged blue ink around it to create a faux sky.  A touch of glitter glue brightens up the snow while layers of red and green card stock make the white die cut layers pop.  I stamped a coordinating sentiment from this set on white card stock and used a ribbon die cut to highlight it.  I nestled it on the bottom so you could see the entire image.  This image is so realistic!  I believe I can even hear those bells ringing! 
 
And my second card today features another fabulous set, Holly Wreath...


shown here...



I just had to color this amazing image with Copics as well!  I colored each leaf to mimic holly with light green edges by layering a yellow green ink first, then a medium tone and finally a dark green in the center.  I then went back over each with the lightest color to blend.  I used a white gel pen to add subtle highlights on the berries.  This image is amazing!  A couple of gold bells added at the top add just the perfect touch.  I embossed the sentiment with gold to match the real jingle bells.

And a few sneek peeks I have shared this week...

this one using  Jingle Bells 

 
and this one using Apples  
 

shown here...


I just love them all!  Don't you?  Now I have Christmas carols running through my head... 

Anyone else ready to start their Christmas card stash????
 
Thank you for stopping by!  For more inspiration using the September release you can see the other Bread Sticks' projects on the ODBD blog, or visit their blog links below:

Sandee * Grace * Julie * Sabrina * ChrisCathy * DawnLori (YOU ARE HERE) * Silke * Angie * Lisa * Audrey *Tosh* ODBD Blog

Thanks for hopping by!

Copic

Jingle Bells

Bells - YR23, Y00, Y11, Y15
Holly - YG17, G17
Berries - R21, R22, R24, R27
Post - V28, Y21, YR27

Holly Wreath

Holly - G40, G94, G99
Berries & Ribbon - R21, R22, R24, R27 

51 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Lori, both are so gorgeous!! I love the elegant dies you chose for the first and how you used the bells on the wreath...very clever! HUGS!!!

Audrey Hiltke said...

Lori - you've blown me away with these. Your coloring on both is gorgeous and I love your die and paper choices as well. So unique and truly beautiful!
Hugs,
Audrey

Audrey Hiltke said...

Lori - you've blown me away with these. Your coloring on both is gorgeous and I love your die and paper choices as well. So unique and truly beautiful!
Hugs,
Audrey

Sandee Shanabrough said...

WOW! Lori I love both of your gorgeous cards!!! They are so gorgeous my friend!

scrappymo! said...

Two beautiful cards. The fist is so delicately gorgeous an d the second has it's own more rugged beauty!

craftymom205 said...

Beautiful cards. Love the card with the Christmas bells.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Beautiful, Lori! Love the framing and sky on your bells and your wreath is lovely w/ the Christmas colors and bright papers.

Joanne Travis said...

Beautiful cards, Lori. Love the layout on the second one and I really, really love the way you did the clouds with the Bells set.

Carol H. said...

Both cards are so pretty! I really love your coloring on the wreath! I really need to learn to do that! Beautiful!

Kris B said...

Stunning cards! Love the post against the cloud background, it does look so realistic! Beautiful coloring on the wreath, love the jingle bells you added to the top! TFS God bless!!

Unknown said...

Both of these are cards are so beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration and sharing!

Tricia T said...

I really love the Bells set! What pretty cards!

Tricia

Unknown said...

The die cut backgrounds really do set the bells off! Beautifully done! I also like the bright colors you used with the wreath set. These are both just wonderful!

Dawn said...

just beautiful, Lori!! fab samples, I need some of those tiny bells! too cute!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful cards. Love the white diecuts on your first card and the wreath on the 2nd one is colored beautifully.

Shelia said...

Lovely cards, especially love the dies used on the first one. Gorgeous coloring on the wreath!!

Linda Carson said...

Beautiful artwork! Love your designs and coloring and textures and details and I like them too!!

Christine said...

Thank you for sharing your incredible art. I love the special touches like the carefully selected dies and sponged clouds on the first card. The wreath is beautifully colored and I like the addition of jingle bells.

Donna Oates said...

Beautiful job with the copic coloring. Realistic looking holly is perfect. Both cards are really beaufiful!

Cathymac said...

Both cards are just gorgeous, Lori! Love the use of traditional Christmas colors on each one! Your coloring of both Christmas images is beautiful. I especially love shape and layers of the Jingle Bells card! Fabulous inspiration here...mega hugs!

Grace said...

Goodness Lori you have been busy!!! I just love the shaped card.... so elegant!!! I love the wreath card layout... the embossed sentiment and the addition of the bells... genius
hugs,
Grace!

Sue A said...

Beautiful cards! I love your new wreath card.

Pati said...

Pretty cards! Love your wreath with the bells!

Iris said...

Beautiful work. Love the lacy background on the first, and the bright red of the second.

Anita Braddock said...

Stunning cards love the colors and the background is Awesome love the layering thanks for sharing.

Deb said...

OMG, your cards rock! I love the wreath card, it is so realistic.

Unknown said...

Lori- your cards are wonderful. They are so rich in color and warm. Every detail is in perfectly in place. Anyone would be blessed to have these cards. Love them!!

Sue D said...

Lovely cards with these new stamps. I like the dies you used on the first card.

Lagene said...

Beautiful cards, I love the bells!

Laura said...

well, those stamps look great colored or not colored don't they! Love your sky too.
Laura

Anonymous said...

Lori, I absolutely love the Jingle Bells stamp and your cards are beautiful. Thank you.

Robyn said...

Lots of pretties here!

Conniecrafter said...

Great background and framing on your first and just love that design on your second card!!

Donna said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for sharing with us and providing great inspiration!

Donna said...

Love your cards the first one is my favorite

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Lori! You sure have been busy!! Your cards are beautiful!! I have to say your shaped card with the bells is beautiful!! I love your coloring and use of dies!! The wreath is so merry and cheerful!! Gorgeous work as always my friend!!
hugs,
Chris

Sherry said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! cards! love them all!!!!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful cards using the new releases Lori! Love the shaped card, it really showcases the post from the Jingle Bells set!

Denise Bryant said...

Very pretty cards! Love your coloring and paper choices.

E. Marie said...

So many great cards!! Love the dies and layers you used.

Kelley said...

Pretty cards, Lori!! Lots of nice details!!

Carmen said...

All of your cards are just beautiful... I love all the die cuts.

Lucy E. said...

Beautiful cards! That wreath is gorgeous!

Kathleen said...

Your Christmas bells are colored beautifully! Love the added touch of the jingle bells on your wreath card too.

Vicky said...

Your cards are just beautiful. Love your coloring. The sky is perfect on your card.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

All are fabulous!! LOVE your framing on the first card with the soft cloud background!! And your wreath is so beautifully colored. Love the sweet little jingle bells!

Janis said...

Love the distressing on your wreath card!!!
<3 J

Sabrina said...

Those cards both have such a lovely, old-fashioned look to them. I love the real bells added in to the wreath, and the rich look of the gold embossing.

Sabrina Jackson said...

Goodness, Lori, you have done it again! I am blown away by both of these breathtaking creations!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Silke Ledlow said...

PERFECT ways to show of these new sets Lori, all of your cards are BEAUTIFUL!!!

Tam said...

great cards

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...