Wednesday, June 29, 2016

~ A Few Roses and a Thank You ~

Last year my husband planted a beautiful pink rose in one of our back flower beds.  In my zeal to clean out noxious weeds, I accidentally loped off a pretty nice chunk earlier this spring...  rose buds and all...  ***Did I mention that I do not have a green thumb???***  In fact the running joke in our house is that I can create a paper rose easier than nurture a real one....  So in fear of repeating past mistakes and retribution from my husband, I swore off weeding after that fateful day.  And might I say, my flower beds were a WRECK!!!  So Friday night, I had reached my limit.  I saw the antique wagon wheel...  a few sunflower plants popping up...  a lovely pink rose AND the thickest patch of weeds I had ever seen!  I realized that my lovely sunflowers and roses were in perilous danger...  and not from me!  So I did what I had to do...  I dove in...  pulled weeds and thankfully my pink rose survived the encounter!

Today's cards features the kind of flower that is totally fail proof for me...  PAPER!!

  
I used a few items in my stash including a new paper pad I found recently at Jo Anns.  It is Anna Griffin's Juliet Paper Pad with some Real Red by Stampin' Up and a bit of green Bazzill card stock from my stash.  I started with an ecru paper base, a slightly smaller Real Red card stock mat, another mat of DP and a die cut border created with Stampin' Up's Botanical Builder Die.  I layered a bit of green card stock just under the negative to make it pop.  I stamped my leaf stamp (Botanical Blooms) with SU's Wild Wasabi on Pear Pizzaz CS.  I them used the coordinating Botanical Builders Framelits Die to cut it.  I used a bit of ecru CS and SU Blushing Bride along with the BB Framelits Die to create these lovely dimensional flowers.  I added a tiny pearl with adhesive to each center for interest.  I stamped the sentiment (SU's Rose Wonder) with Wild Wasabi ink on ecru CS and used the Rose Garden Thinlets Die to cut it out.  I added the final product with dimensional foam. 

I love flowers that are less complicated...  less demanding...  whew!!!!   

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings!

1 comment:

Bev Polen - Guneaux Designs said...

Oh my, Lori! This card is GORGEOUS! I love the rose floral paper and the floral arrangement at the bottom of the card. Just beautiful! Your rose story is funny, my friend! I, too, don't have a green thumb, but I sure try. I have dug up and replanted new bushes over and over because I trim them to the point of no return. LOL

Bev, Guneaux Designs

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...