Wednesday, February 3, 2016

WAW219 ~ I Am the Way ~

Good morning and welcome to a new bi-weekly challenge at Word Art Wednesday
 We have more great prizes this week SO be sure to stop by and check this challenge out.  AND make sure to post your creation for an opportunity to win! 

This week we have a wonderful passage from the New Testament.  I chose to use a grunge stamp to add layers of pink, rose and red before adding a beautiful die cut heart.

 I started with a white card stock panel measuring 5.5 x 4.25 inches.  I used a piece of SU Blushing Bride Pink CS for a mat and printed my scripture panel on white card stock.  I positioned it to the right of my card stock panel and used a die to cut it out as pictured.  I then layered on stamped "ink blotches" for interest.  I chose a bit of Stampin' Up Real Red card stock and this fun die from Simon Says Stamp for the corner.  #SimonSaysStamp
  

It is amazing how God works.  After I had put this card together and photographed it...  I realized some of the "spots" resembled blood...  There is not greater love than that my friends...

Blessings...

Supplies

Ink - Stampin' Up - Real Red, Rose Red, Blushing Bridge
Die - Our Daily Bread Designs Flourished Star Pattern Die
Stamp - Stampin' Up Gorgeous Grunge


3 comments:

Blue Lily Design said...

I really like how this came out! The simplicity of the white background with the splatters of paint and the heart, love the look of that with the shadow behind it. Very nice!
Have a great day!
Cassandra
www.bluelilydesign.net

kReN said...

Beautiful card. That SSS die heart is so pretty with that background. I had no idea that the sketchy approach to the die would be so effective. TFS! kReN@afourthlife.blogspot.com

Cynthia said...

Lovely CAS design with this week's Scripture, Lori. Only by His shed blood can our sins be white as snow. What amazing grace! Thanks for the inspiration.

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...