Friday, September 25, 2015

A Look Back at ODBD's September Mid Month Release

Today we are taking a look back at Our Daily Bread Designs' September Mid Month Release. Here is the card I created using the Beauty stamp set, Pretty Posies Die and Leafy Edged Borders Die.  For more inspiration using the September Mid Month Release be sure to visit the ODBD Blog.


 I started with an ecru card stock base measuring 5.5 x 4.25 inches and added a lovely design paper pattern from ODBD's Soulful Stitches Paper Collection.  I used the new Leafy Edged Borders Die to create my DP, ecru CS and gold poster board layers.  I cut out multiple flower layers from ecru card stock and inked the centers with a soft yellow distress ink and the edges with a light pink ink.  After inking, I spritzed the flowers lightly with water and pinched each petal between my fingertips for depth.  After drying, I glued layers together, staggering each to overlap and finished the flower with a cluster of pearls glued in the center.  I cut my leaves out of ecru card stock also and inked it up with light green ink.  I used a bit of wire (yes, wire) to thread my lace on and twisted the ends together to make the lace collar.  I added the flower and leaves to the lace with hot glue.  **Creative tip**  I used ODBD's Circle Ornaments Die to cut a circular base to mount the lace collar and flower on.  After it dried, I added the entire embellishment to my card.    I stamped my sentiment on a bit of ecru paper and finished it up with ODBD's Pennants Die.

So here's a close up of the blossom...


And the new items from September's mid month release...




 and a few older favorites too...



Don't forget to visit my design team sisters today and see what project they have to share.  Thanks for stopping by!

ODBD Blog  **If you get lost along the way :-) 

Sandee * Lori (ME) * Grace * Julie 
Cathy * Amy * Paula * Chris 
Robin T. * Angie America * 

8 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Wowza!!! Super gorgeous, Lori!! Your layered flower is awesome; I love the colors, love the lace, and love the dsp you chose to pair with it! Fantastic card!! HUGS!!

Cathymac said...

Love, love, love the beautiful posy layered on the lace, Lori! Your card design, the layers, and the beautiful papers are just stunning! I guess you've figured out that I LOVE this card! Hugs!

America said...

Hi Teamie. What a beautiful flower. I love the use of lace here too! GORGEOUS work!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh wow, Lori!! Your card is gorgeous!! I just love the dimension and layout of the flower!! So pretty and pink and the lace compliments the design beautifully!
hugs,
Chris

Unknown said...

Lori, this is so pretty!!!! I love the colors that you have chosen and love how you made the flower!!! The added lace is so pretty too!

Robin said...

Love your flower Lori! It's amazing how many ways you can use that die set! Beautiful colors and I really like your lace embellishment; just the perfect touch!

Dawn said...

OH-My-Giddy-Aunt, Lori!!! You are a GENIUS!!! What a GORGEOUS card!!! I absolutely love how you did your flower.....it could be a corsage!!! Lace and wire, who woulda thunk!!! Beautiful, Beautiful!!!

Susan Lankford said...

Lori...this card is drop dead gorgeous! Thanks for the tip about applying the lace!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...