Saturday, December 22, 2012

MOJO272 & TSTR145 ~ God's Gift ~

 
Good morning!  Hope this post finds everyone well.  I'm spending the next few days trying to get my house in order...  literally!  This holiday season has been a hectic one.  I decided a few months back I WOULD NOT stress so much about the holidays.  I think it has backfired unfortunately!  My nonchalance has proved chaotic...  lol... 

Normally we put up a live tree up the day after Thanksgiving.  Due to health issues and prior commitments I was unable to get my tree until December 5th.  My husband brought it in and placed it in the tree stand.  I however, had zero extra time...  so my poor tree remained in the stand until the next day before I gave a half hearted attempt at putting lights on it.  And when I say half hearted...  well...  it looked pretty sad...  lol...  So on December 12th, I FINALLY placed ornaments on my tree after rearranging the lights.  On December 19th I discovered TWO additional cardboard boxes full of ornaments ONLY after I wondered what had happened to ONE specific ornament.  **sigh** 

I think I have my tree in order just in time to take it down...  :-)

However, I have worked on cards.  Today I have one for this week's Mojo Monday and Shabby Tea Room Challenges. 

The card...


Using Our Daily Bread Designs' recent releases Sparkling Snowflakes, Snowflake Sentiments and Spellbinder Snowflake Die Snowflake Die.









 

 
 


I used a watermark ink to stamp three snowflakes on white card stock and embossed them with silver powder.  I used the snowflake die to cut each one out and added them with dimensional foam to the focal panel.  A bit of pink seam binding adds a cut ebow with some glittered up jingle bells.  I tucked my sentiment in front of one of the snowflakes. 
 
Thanks for stopping by and spending some time with me.  Until next time...  blessings...
 
Lori
 
Card Recipe
 
Stamps - Our Daily Bread Designs - Sparkling Snowflakes, Snowflake Sentiments
Die - Spellbinders for ODBD Snowflake Die
Papers - Georgia Pacific, Bazzill, My Mind's Eye Merry
Ink - Versamark Watermark Ink
Embossing Powder - Ranger Silver Embossing Powder
Misc. - Seam Binding, Jingle Bells by ArtMinds, Becca's Peg Bow Maker 

Challenges

Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge - MOJO272


The Shabby Tea Room - TSTR145 - Shabby Chic Holiday - Pink, Aqua, White/Cream & Glitter


Word Art Wednesday #59 - WAW59 - Anything Goes/Glory to God

 

11 comments:

Kim Evans said...

Lori, your card is fabulous!

Karen Letchworth said...

Just gorgeous, as always! It's always such a delightful treat to see your wonderful cards; especially when they are shared in our challenges. You are such a blessing!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Maria said...

A very lovely card with beautiful snowflakes! Love the ribbon with glittery bells, too! Merry Christmas!

vic said...

Lori this is so pretty I love the snowflakes and pretty pink ribbon!

vic

Kelley said...

WOW! Sooooo pretty!!!

Rosemary said...

goodness this is just gorgeous, lori!! i love the sparkly white bells paired with the pink bow... yummy!!

Mary Ann said...

AWESOME!Love your cards,they are always so very pretty,you and yours have a very Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year...

Tam said...

pretty!

Starr said...

What a fabulous card! I love the design, the gray and splash of pink are gorgeous together and the snowflakes are perfect! Thanks for joining us at The Shabby Tea Room.

Kristen said...

Lori this is such a nicely designed card. Every element is well thought out, certainly one of my favorites I've seen today.

Visiting from Mojo Monday Challenge
xo, Kristina
Love for you to visit me too <3
www.pearlgateway.com

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful inspired card Lori! Glad you had a chance to play the TSTR :) !!! Merry Christmas to you and your family...hugs ~S~

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...