Friday, July 6, 2012

WT382 ~ Silver Bells

Thanks for stopping by. If you are looking for today's Exploring Cricut post please click HERE.

Wow!  Is it ever hot today!  Temps in my part of the state are projected to hit 104 degrees!  With the heat index it could feel like 110 degrees plus!  With temps being this warm, the Saints are spending a great deal of time in our nice cool air conditioned garage with plenty of water and a circulating fan.  I bet they think life is RUFF!!  Sorry, couldn't resist! 

So to keep my mind cool, I have turned to creating Christmas cards.  Here's one I put together today for Splitcoast's Ways to Use It Challenge.  The challenge...  to use tissue paper.  I grabbed some silver dotted  tissue paper and applied it to a white card stock base I ran through my Xyron.  When smoothed down, it takes on the look of linen.  I opted to emboss my sentiment this time (from Our Daily Bread Designs' Christmas Blessings) with silver powder.  All the matting is silver card stock as well.  The die has been in my tool arsenal for a while.  I must admit, I've been terrified of this bad boy!  But after working with it, I'm not so sure what I was scared of! 


I gathered some silver tulle behind the Angle die cut and adhered it with ScorTape. A tiny silver pearl sits on top. Now this card is pretty tall so this will either be a hand delivered item or mailed with a present this year. Sometimes pretty things just can't be hindered by an envelope! Blessings...

Lori

Card Recipe

Stamps - Our Daily Bread Designs - Christmas Blessings
Paper - Colorbok, Tissue Paper, American Crafts (silver)
Ink - Versamark - Watermark Ink
Powder - Ranger Embossing Powder - Silver
Die - Spellbinders - Angle Approach
Misc. - Silver Tulle, Silver Pearl

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful card. Love the die cut design. So intricate. Great papers too.

Tam said...

cool card! (hahaha pun)

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...