Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Stamping TV - Cracked Glass Technique
I watched Gina K demonstrate this technique a few weeks back. I decided to duplicate the technique for a card going to a friend dealing with chemo. I loved her design so much I used the same stamp she featured. The stamp is from Gina K's autumn collection. The card I created is a little different! By no means is it as lovely as hers but I hope you enjoy it nonetheless. Hope you are having a great week!
Stamps - Pumpkins - Gina K
Sentiment - unknown
Copic Markers - Pumpkins
Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel - applied in three coats
Versamark - Embossing Pad
Memento Ink - Rich Cocoa - sponged on image after it is "cracked"
Cardstock - Bazzill - burgundy
Pattern Paper - Chatterbox
Ribbon - Orange - Offray
Brown - Offray - two strands of ribbon layered together
Cracked glass technique -
1. cover image with Versamark and pour embossing powder on
2. heat and repeat steps until desired thickness
3. place image in freezer for a few minutes
4. remove and bend to "crack" in desired design
5. apply inking of choice (Memento Rich Cocoa) with sponge dauber to age
6. utilize image in desired card!