Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Stamping TV - Cracked Glass Technique




I watched Gina K demonstrate this technique a few weeks back. I decided to duplicate the technique for a card going to a friend dealing with chemo. I loved her design so much I used the same stamp she featured. The stamp is from Gina K's autumn collection. The card I created is a little different! By no means is it as lovely as hers but I hope you enjoy it nonetheless. Hope you are having a great week!

Materials List

Stamps - Pumpkins - Gina K
Sentiment - unknown
Copic Markers - Pumpkins
Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel - applied in three coats
Versamark - Embossing Pad
Memento Ink - Rich Cocoa - sponged on image after it is "cracked"
Cardstock - Bazzill - burgundy
Pattern Paper - Chatterbox
Ribbon - Orange - Offray
Brown - Offray - two strands of ribbon layered together

Cracked glass technique -

1. cover image with Versamark and pour embossing powder on
2. heat and repeat steps until desired thickness
3. place image in freezer for a few minutes
4. remove and bend to "crack" in desired design
5. apply inking of choice (Memento Rich Cocoa) with sponge dauber to age
6. utilize image in desired card!

No comments:

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...