Thursday, September 24, 2009

Seasons Greetings!



I can't believe I am thinking about Christmas! But in a few short months it will be here, ready or not! Each Christmas in our household is special. We have certain family traditions we maintain. I love live trees. We get an eight foot tree and start decorating. Each ornament tells a story. I have collected glass ornaments for years. But when I married my husband something changed about "my tree." You see I became a step-mom. Even though both boys were grown I felt like the tree in our house should be a reflection of everyone. So coupled with my Radko ornaments are beautiful wooden ornaments painted by their deceased mother. I also put ornaments each boy made when they were little. It is an eclectic group but it says so much about us and our family. On my tree there is a beautiful cardinal ornament. It is special because a very dear friend gave it to me. It reminds me of the blessings my creator as bestowed on me. It also reminds me of the beauty around me. It doesn't have to be shiny glass ornaments.... it can be as simple as a wooden ornament painted long ago with great love. This is hoping your holiday season will be blessed as well!

Materials List

Cardstock - White, Red, Black, Green
Image - Close to My Heart - Season of Splendor
Versamark - stamp first and then ink to make image solid
Memento Inks - Rich Cocoa - top layer of pinecone
Desert Sand - under layer of pinecone
Tuxedo Black - edging of cardinal
Lady Bug - under layer of cardinal
Cottage Ivy - evergreen
Summer Sky - sponged over scalloped image to make clouds
Stickles - Diamond - edging on pinecome (looks like snow)
Nestabilities - Petite Scalloped Ovals - large
Cricut - Winter Woodland - Holly
Pop Dots - lift up holly and cardinal image
Cuttlebug - Victoria folder - Holly
Ribbon - unknown - Walmart

No comments:

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...