Monday, January 25, 2016

Merry Monday ~ The Perfect Mix of Warmth & Cheer ~

Baby, it's cold outside!  For those of us anywhere within a day's drive of the Atlantic Ocean...  OUCH!!!  I am so grateful we had the limited amount of snowfall we did.  Family in Baltimore didn't fare so well...  They had over 20 inches of the white stuff!  :-(
But I must say, a good snow brings out the creative beast in me!  Or was it the fact I hadn't had access to peanut butter chocolate ice cream for a few days???  :-)  
Either way, my creative juices were flowing and with the ever present fear of the power going off...  a few creative juices flowing couldn't hurt the body temp, right?  

Here's a fun one using a few Stampin' Up products from this past Christmas...


So I started with a simple black card stock base and cut a slightly smaller white CS panel.  I stamped my cardinal (three step process) and sentiment BEFORE using the snow themed embossing folder.  
I chose the Joyful Season stamp set and stamped my outline with Basic Black ink, added the body with Real Red and a dab of Pumpkin Pie for the beak.  After placing and stamping the sentiment, I ran the panel through my Big Shot with the Softly Falling Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  I intentionally stamped the cardinal a bit "off."  I really like the abstract feel to the image, particularly with the embossed snow!

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings...

Inks - Stampin' Up - Basic Black, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie
Stamps - Stampin' Up - Joyful Season
Embossing Folder - Softly Falling Textured Impressions Embossing Folder

No comments:

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...