Monday, July 13, 2015

ODBD ~ Let Hope Blossom ~

Several people in my circle of friends and acquaintances are dealing with the loss of a love one this week.  Studies show that some of the most stressful events in life are traumatic events, including divorce, death, job loss and moving, just to name a few.  As staggering as these blows may be there is great comfort in knowing that there is hope.  I have known people who refused to allow hope to reside in their hearts.  And I must admit there have been times in my own life where I have refused to water the seed.  Sometimes it is just easier to shut yourself down and cower to the pain.  (Anyone else know what I mean???)  There are times when you feel as if there is so much darkness swallowing you up that absolutely no sunlight can get in.  I have found that I must have a willing heart to accomplish this goal. 
Maybe that is why I love this sentiment from Our Daily Bread Designs' recent release, Blossom.  When I first laid eyes on this set, I was immediately drawn to the rose image and beautiful scripts.  But the more I studied the sentiments, the more intrigued I became.  A bloom has to be nurtured so it can grow, develop, and eventually blossom into the beautiful flower it was meant to be.  It requires a great deal of watering, fertilizing and care before that rose can reach it's full potential.  And yes, it NEEDS sunlight!!!  And when the rose opens up and you can see just how beautiful the finished product is...  WOW!!!   I think hope starts out in a very similar way.  When you wrestle with challenges and disappointments it is difficult to see the end of the tunnel.  Eventually, there comes a point when you can actually see that little bit of light...  You have to nurture it.  You have to want hope!  You have to walk, crawl, run, whatever you can to get there!!!  And sometimes a good friend or two will drag you toward that light.  And you have sun and sometimes you have rain...  but both are needed for the greater good!  We need both to become stronger...  

Today's card featuring Blossom...

 I started with a red card stock base (5.5 x 4.25 inches).  I then added a slightly smaller white mat with designer paper from ODBD's Patriotic Paper Collection.  I cut a fun doily die from white card stock (Doily Die) and added the stamped sentiment panel (Patriotic Paper Collection. Circle Ornaments Die and Blossom stamp set) stamped in red.
I stamped the rose images on Copic compatible paper and colored those with copics before fussy cutting each.  I added twigs, vines and leaves using ODBD's Fancy Foliage Die.

So here are the items you see today...

and some old favorites...




Thanks for stopping by!
Have a wonderful Monday!  

No comments:

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...